Help Desk

Event Aggregator isnt pulling images

Hi,
    I just purchased a Bundle and installed everything on a bare install, only wordpress and all plugins from the bundle. No other plugins or themes.
    Then starting using event aggregator to pull events from some facebook pages and all the events show but none of the event headers. How can I get the images to show?

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-aggregator-isnt-pulling-images/

Also….
    Where does it store the event images?
    Can find any image folder anywhere nor is there anything in the database that links to an image.

I was also assuming event aggregator pulls the profile photo of the organisers…
    They also don’t show… so should it import them as well?

Hi. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

1)

Please provide one or more Facebook URL(s) you’re experiencing this and I’ll see if I can replicate the issue.

2)

If an image were to import, it would be stored in your Media Library.

3)

No profile images come through like you were thinking. You could request this as a new feature (or maybe search to see if the idea was already posted by someone else) at our plugins’ UserVoice page.

This allows others who are interested in that feature to easily voice their support. We frequently review suggestions there to find out which ones are popular, then we implement as many of them as we can.

If you post it / find it, feel free to link to it from here in case anyone comes across this forum thread in the future.

This reply has been marked as private.

Sure thing!

I confirmed this issue when importing from Facebook.

I marked this thread as Pending Fix, which means it should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Regarding #3, this might be what you’re asking for: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/17257136-facebook-import-images-both-organiser-thumb-and-e

Thanks for the reply
    Hope it gets fixed soon, noticed many other people having similar issues.
    And obviously it also is happening to older sites or that have been running the aggregator for a longer time and makes the site look bad or lose functionality, especially on modified sites that only use photo view without any other text, just the event header…. it will just show a blank space between the older imported images.
    For me personally no rush as I am just testing it all at the moment, but for those customers with live sites its a bummer and can affect website image and possible even revenues.
    So think it would be a pretty urgent fix that needs to be done…. am aware that this is totally beyond your control and the dev team assigns priorities 🙂

Regarding 3#, already voted it up 🙂

Thanks for letting us know and for your understanding.

Correct Answer

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 7th January 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue :slightly_smiling_face:

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-7-january-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Some of the event headers have different sizes… have you, or if you know if user, found a solution to get all images the same size, so for example cropping the image through css or something?

Are you saying the image imported from Facebook is not matching the dimensions you want to display on your site?

Thanks for the follow up Cliff
    Facebook event shows fixed dimensions, some event creators have an image matching that size, others don’t and upload something of any size in which case facebook takes part of the image to fit the dimensions they have set.

Event aggregator imports the original file sizes, which is good, but I would like to display them the same way as facebook does, so not showing the whole image if the image is to big (or small) and displaying it at fixed dimensions set for the header image.

Thanks for the explanation. Please link me to an event where it displays as desired and another event where you want it fixed.

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

The topic ‘Event Aggregator isnt pulling images’ is closed to new replies.