Event Aggregator is showing up on my site but I don't have it installed

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator is showing up on my site but I don't have it installed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Scott Anderson
    Participant

I’ve just added Event Tickets Plus to a site that is using The Events Calendar Pro, and I’m running into issues getting it working, which may or may not be related to this issue…

I do not have Event Aggregator installed (and don’t really want it), but I am seeing mentions of it crop up in WP admin: on the Events Calendar Licenses tab, there’s a box to enter the license number for Event Aggregator.

Also, I have Debug Bar installed and it’s reporting the following error:

WARNING: wp-admin/includes/plugin.php:259 - opendir([PATH REDACTED]/wp-content/plugins/event-aggregator): failed to open dir: No such file or directory
    require_once('wp-admin/admin.php'), do_action('admin_init'), Tribe__Settings->initTabs, do_action('tribe_settings_do_tabs'), Tribe__Settings_Manager->do_setting_tabs, Tribe__Settings_Manager->do_licenses_tab, apply_filters('tribe_license_fields'), Tribe__PUE__Checker->do_license_key_fields, Tribe__PUE__Checker->get_plugin_name, Tribe__PUE__Checker->set_plugin_name, get_plugins, opendir

So, it appears that something is trying to load Event Aggregator, even though I have never even had it installed on the site. I am wondering if, since this appears to be a new product, there’s a stray reference to it in the version 4.3 code of the main Events Calendar plugin…?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Scott,

Thanks for using our plugins and being so up-to-date with them! Super cool!

Let me help you with your EA related issue. Firstly, thanks for reporting back that bug!

The codebase for Event Aggregator is embedded in The Events Calendar plugin. There is no separate plugin for EA. It is also there is you don’t have a license for it, and without the license it will basically gives you the same import capabilities as the _old_ TEC did. If you decide to get a license, then you will get all the funky features of EA.

As for the warning message, yes, most probably it is a stray reference which didn’t get changed / removed in the process. I will file a ticket for that so the devs can deal with it.

So EA will be there, with limited functionality. It shouldn’t really influence the workings of Event Tickets and ET Plus.

To _keep things clean_ I would like to ask you to open a new ticket for your ET / ET+ issues and provide there some details. One of our support guys  will jump on is as soon as possible and will help you out. (Might be me, who knows…)

Does the above answer your questions? Is there anything else?

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Makes sense. Thanks for the quick reply! I’ll open a new ticket in the appropriate category for the other issue.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Scott,

Thanks for your note!

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic in the forum and we will help you out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugin, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to inform you that we’ve just published a series of updates to our products that fixes a number of issues.

The issues reported here should be fixed with these updates.

Learn more about this release—version 4.3.3—in the official release notes here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-3-3-event-tickets-4-3-3-premium-plugins/

Thanks for your patience in waiting for a fix!
    George

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator is showing up on my site but I don't have it installed’ is closed to new replies.