Event aggregator installation

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event aggregator installation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas Tadlock
    Participant

I just purchased the event aggregator and downloaded it. I entered the license key, hit save changes, and still cannot use the aggregator to import facebook, google calendar, or iCalendar. I also tried to upload the plugin via the plugin upload page. Nothing seems to be working.

Matt Cockayne
    Participant

Hi Nicolas,

I’ve just come up against this issue myself. A quick poke around in the code and it looks like the issue is because cache that the aggregator uses to store the configuration of the “Import Origins” doesn’t get cleared properly when you enter your license key.

The quickest way to fix this is to run this query against the database which will remove the cache entry causing the problem, everything appears to be working after that

delete from wp_options where option_name = '_transient_tribe_aggregator_origins';

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Nicholas,

I’m sorry to hear you’re running into this issue, and thanks Matt for sharing your solution here!

First, I do want to point out that you only need the license key to use Event Aggregator, in addition to having The Events Calendar installed and activated. It’s actually a service and not a separate plugin, so the good news is that you don’t need to worry about downloading anything else!

I took a look at your system information, and I don’t see your key listed there. Can you please verify that you added it under Events > Settings > Licenses > Event Aggregator? If so, did you try out Matt’s solution and did that resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Nicholas Tadlock
    Participant

Thank you both for your quick responses. First of all, I want to apologize for my ignorance. I am totally out of my element here and I genuinely appreciate the help.

Jennifer, I added the license key again, and still no luck.

Matt, I don’t know how to run a query against the data base. Could you explain that process to me or point me to an article or video that will explain?

Matt Cockayne
    Participant

Hi Nicholas,

Sorry, I’m a developer by trade so hadn’t considered that you may not be experienced in this area. If you are not 100% familiar with interacting directly with the database I would advise against it.

Instead take a look at https://wordpress.org/plugins/transients-manager/. This plugin allows you to managed what wordpress calls transients from the “tools” menu… whhen you access the manager you need to search for “tribe_aggregator_origins” and you should then have an option to delete it.

Once thats deleted you should be good to go

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Nicholas,

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you’re seeing under Events > Import? Are you seeing any options in the Import Origin dropdown besides “CSV”? You mentioned that you are not able to import from Facebook, iCal, or Google…have you tried importing and gotten an error, or are you not able to enter the URLs at all?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Event aggregator installation’ is closed to new replies.