Event Aggregator import limitation problems

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator import limitation problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Newman
    Participant

Hey guys, I was using import prior to the event aggregator. I just re-subscribed for the year and I’m having problems. The license limitation that is now on it had rendered it useless for my situation.

I only use it for importing from our church management software which provides an iCalendar link. I have several imports setup to the same URL with keyword filters so that they will be categorized when they are imported. The import works for the title, times, and description (but not for location and organizer). Those fields that are not importing isn’t the biggest problem. The biggest problem is that everytime it checks for new events, it sees each item as changed and then counts it towards my number of imports. Since there is no way to regulate how far in the future to import, it checks, for example, my collegegroup import which has weekly meetings and events scheduled a year ahead (over 100 of them) and then shuts down my import because it thinks it needs to update every one of those.

So as you can see, without the ability to either not count updates as an import, or to limit how far in the future it imports, it has now become useless.

Do you see my dilemma?

What can be done about this?

Preston

Jeff Newman
    Participant

The college group is set as a repeating event and is showing 102 updated this morning with 111 all time. But then it shows I’m shut down for the day.

Now when I go in it says it’s only used 1 for the day which would be consistent with the license only counting towards “new” events and not “updated” events.

It seems like the license can’t make up its mind. In a period of 5 minutes, I can check by going to “help” and I’m shut down for the day having used up my license, and then a couple minutes later I can check and it’s back to showing only a small amount used for the day. Then I check again and I’m out again for the day. It can’t make up its mind.

Preston

Cliff

Hi, Preston. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

Event Aggregator’s limits are per import source, not per event.

For example, if google/calendar-one has 40 new events, it’ll use 1 of your 100, not 40 of your 100 limit.

Do you think this matches up with what you’re experiencing?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator import limitation problems’ is closed to new replies.