Event Aggregator FB Sync Updates

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event Aggregator FB Sync Updates

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    O

Hi,
    I would like to know the following.
    1)
    When Event Aggregator imports an event does it sync it only once or does in continuously re-sync it?
    Important for us as in our scene many times organisers change/edit the event information on Facebook and we would like to have this updated information on our site.

2)
    When an event is imported does the imported event also simply link to the facebook event so people can proceed to the facebook if event if desired.

Thanks,
    Omar

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Omar,

Thanks for reaching out with your questions. I’d be happy to answer them for you.

1. There are different options for importing. You can do a once-only import or you can set up a scheduled import that can run automatically every once in a while (every 30 minutes, every hour, daily or weekly, or on demand / manually re-rerun)

Apart from this you can set up how the imports should be handled, whether you want to import changes made to the source or you would rather keep then changes you made on the site. (The Event Update Authority settings on top of this screenshot.)

2. Yes, the Facebook url of the event will be imported and displayed on the event page.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator FB Sync Updates’ is closed to new replies.