Event Aggregator Facebook Imports not updating Event Venues

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator Facebook Imports not updating Event Venues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cyrus
    Participant

I have identified an event within Events Calendar Pro for which the associated Facebook Event has an updated location. An updated location on a Facebook Event that is updated by a scheduled import by Event Aggregator should result in an updated Venue in TEC Event associated with that Facebook Event. Unfortunately the TEC Event Venue is not being updated with the updated Facebook Event location information.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
    Create a Facebook Event with a location specified.
    Run an Event Aggregator scheduled import on the page hosting that event.
    Update the Facebook Event location to a different location.
    Run the Event Aggregator schedule import the following day or run the import manually.

EXPECTED RESULTS:
    The Venue associated with TEC event is updated to reflect the new location in Facebook.

ACTUAL RESULTS:
    The description and times of the event are successfully and correctly updated.
    The Venue for the TEC event reflects the old location, the Venue is NOT updated.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
    Our Event Update Authority setting:
    – Import events but preserve local changes to event fields.
    The TEC Event that we identified this issue on was imported from a Facebook Page that aggregates events from other Facebook Hosts. The Facebook Host is not the same as the Import Source.

Attached find screenshots of before and after Facebook Event updates. Here is as link to the test event that we used to reproduce the issue: https://azresist.org/event/az-resist-test-event/

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues importing events from Facebook. Thank you for providing such detailed information. It really helps us track things down.

Can you try changing your Event Update Authority setting to “Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source” and see if that makes a difference when re-importing the event?

Thanks,
    Sky

Cyrus
    Participant

@Sky – I appreciate the follow up. Can you confirm the behavior that Event Update Authority setting with relation to tags that have been applied to imported events? Will local changes to tags be impacted by utilizing the “Overwrite my event…” setting?

Will you be reporting the venue update issue to the Dev team for the “preserve local changes” event update authority setting?

Sky
    Keymaster

Thomas,

As the tags are not something that exist on Facebook events, I do not believe they will be impacted by the import. That being said, please experiment with a test event until we are sure of the outcome.

Once we track down the issue, I will determine whether or not it is behaving contrary to expected behavior. If so, I will file a bug report with developers. But first I need to figure out the nature of the problem.

If you could, please change your Event Update Authority setting to “Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source” and let me know if that makes a difference when re-importing the test event.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator Facebook Imports not updating Event Venues’ is closed to new replies.