Event Aggregator Duplicating Events on ICS Import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator Duplicating Events on ICS Import

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jason Butler
    Participant

hi Support,

we have a vendor building an .ics file for us but each time we setup a scheduled import, the imported events are duplicated. I don’t know enough about .ics files to figure out why.

This is happening when testing this one particular file on 3 different WP installs with TEC 4.4.1.1… other plugins turned off & on / TwentyFifteen and custom themes tested.

I can successfully import other .ics files just fine but this one .ics duplicates events… here is the file with just one event for brevity.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
    BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
    TZID:America/New_York
    BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
    DTSTART:20070311T020000
    RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=3;BYDAY=2SU
    TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
    TZOFFSETTO:-0400
    TZNAME:EDT
    END:DAYLIGHT
    BEGIN:STANDARD
    DTSTART:20071104T020000
    RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=11;BYDAY=1SU
    TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
    TZOFFSETTO:-0500
    TZNAME:EST
    END:STANDARD
    END:VTIMEZONE

BEGIN:VEVENT
    DTSTAMP:20170127T162342Z
    DTSTART;TZID=America/New_York:20170128T150000Z
    DTEND;TZID=America/New_York:20170128T170000Z
    PRIORITY:0
    SUMMARY:My One Event
    DESCRIPTION:Have you ever wanted to release your inner archer? Maybe you’re just looking for a place to hone your skills, no matter the weather. Our indoor archery classes are a great place to start! All equipment is provided; ages 9 and up. Class is held inside Nature Center, NOT at the Archery Range. Call Nature Center to register.
    LOCATION:New York Mountain State Park – 2620 Highway 355 SW, Stockridge, NY 10010
    CLASS:PUBLIC
    END:VEVENT

END:VCALENDAR

——-

any thoughts are appreciated… thanks!

Cliff

Hi, Jason.

Thanks for those details.

I believe the missing piece here is the iCal’s “UID”. Please have your developer reference:

There may be other things going on too, but I think UID is a good place to start digging.

Please let me know how things go for you.

Jason Butler
    Participant

Thanks Cliff… i’ll pass this along to the developer and will let you know how it goes when i hear back… much appreciated!

Jason Butler
    Participant

hey Cliff… looks like the UID was the right call… the developer added that to the .ics file and all 104 events came in as expected… thanks a bunch for pointing that out!

Cliff

Excellent! I’m so glad that’s all it was 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator Duplicating Events on ICS Import’ is closed to new replies.