Event Aggregator and Facebook no complete imports

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator and Facebook no complete imports

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Christoph
    Participant

what can i do?

Barry

Christoph: thanks for your continued patience.

More work is needed on our side and some of that work is going to take more time, but it does seem that – even where the import tab is flagging imports as having failed – they are actually succeeding.

To use one of your screenshots as an example, there are imports where we can see it is flagged as a failure but we have a summary of “1 neu — 5 aktualisiert”. Identifying why this is happening (it’s clearly misleading) is a work in progress.

If you are aware of cases where despite indicating that, for example, 5 events were updated from a specific source on Facebook they actually were not update I’d love to get more information about that and some specific examples. It certainly seems though that a percentage of the failures are false or at least the failure was only partial in nature.

We’ve also identified a number of cases whereby importing from certain entities on Facebook fails – work to fix that is in the process of being tested and will be deployed over the next week (not via a plugin update, but by changes which will roll out on our own servers).

Once more, I can only ask for your patience through this period.

Christoph
    Participant

Ok, i will wait. Not all events are imported and displayed. Otherwise the whole calendar would be full in the calendar and not just the next one two days

http://www.rockin-and-rollin.de/wordpress/events/

I have the feeling it is only updated from the current time the next five events and imported and displayed, and so it goes from day to day …

Barry

So here’s what we’re doing:

• We’re making changes on our own servers to give us better visibility into the origin of this problem
    • We will investigate making matching adjustments within The Events Calendar itself

Once we’ve collected the additional data we should be able to close in on the source of these problems. Thanks again for holding out while we dig into this.

Christoph
    Participant

thank you for the information. Then I hope the problem is fixed soon ..

Barry

Absolutely. We are actively working on this — but there will be a delay while various changes are tested and deployed.

Barry

Hi Christoph,

It’s been a while but since my last update here a number of fixes have been deployed on both our Event Aggregator server and within The Events Calendar itself.

How are things looking on your side?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator and Facebook no complete imports’ is closed to new replies.