Errors on Single Event view- Deprecated terms

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Errors on Single Event view- Deprecated terms

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

Josh, finally getting to this and starting a new thread for you so we can resolve. We’ve changed the “upcoming” to “list” as prompted by this error in both places it was being used (sidebar and news page), but it’s still appearing on my single events view before the “Related Events” section. Here’s the error again: “Notice: tribe_get_events was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 3.8! Setting eventDisplay to ‘upcoming’ is deprecated. Please use ‘list’ instead. in /nfs/c04/h01/mnt/69205/domains/beta.sfbike.org/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3318”.

I have deactivated plugins and reverted to 2012 Theme (seperately) and am still seeing this error).
    We do not have anything in the “tribe-events” folder other than an empty work-around to remove recurring events from the community calendar submission layout. Therefore, in “single-event.php” there’s also no reference to “upcoming”.

Best,
    Erin

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry for the issues with the Php Notices. Thanks for the information about the testing for conflicts.

Do you have wp-debug turned on in your wp-config.php?

Usually notices only show in debug mode, which is generally not used when a site is live.

I visited the single event here:

SF Bicycle Coalition Phone Bank

And did not see the notice. Is it still showing for you?

Let me know what you find out about the debug and we can go from there.

Thanks

Kevin
    Participant

Brian,

Thank you for the quick response. I should have included that I’m testing on our beta.sfbike.org, which is our protocol for plugin updates just in case they break something! Please see the error here: http://beta.sfbike.org/event/volunteer-night/2014-10-08/

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok that makes sense then.

Yes those are notices and not errors that show on a site without debug on 🙂 They only show when debug is on and those functions are still working we are just moving away from it in future versions. So we have deprecated notices. (I guess we should have followed our own notices better). Here is where I found the instances on our plugin if you would like to change them before we can in the plugin:

\The Events Calendar\events-calendar-pro\lib\widget-countdown.class.php (1 hit)
    Line 57: 'eventDisplay' => 'upcoming',
    \The Events Calendar\events-calendar-pro\lib\widget-venue.class.php (1 hit)
    Line 29: 'eventDisplay' => 'upcoming'
    \The Events Calendar\events-calendar-pro\public\template-tags\general.php (1 hit)
    Line 552: 'eventDisplay' => 'upcoming',
    \The Events Calendar\events-calendar-pro\public\template-tags\venue.php (1 hit)
    Line 29: 'eventDisplay' => 'upcoming' );
    \The Events Calendar\events-calendar-pro\views\pro\single-organizer.php (1 hit)
    Line 62: <?php echo tribe_include_view_list( array('organizer' => get_the_ID(), 'eventDisplay' => 'upcoming', apply_filters( 'tribe_events_single_organizer_posts_per_page', 100 ) ) )?>
    \The Events Calendar\events-calendar-pro\views\pro\single-venue.php (1 hit)
    Line 76: <?php echo tribe_include_view_list( array('venue' => $venue_id, 'eventDisplay' => 'upcoming', 'posts_per_page' => apply_filters( 'tribe_events_single_venue_posts_per_page', 100 ) ) )?>

We do have a maintenance release that we hope to release in the next week or two that looks like is removing most of these instances if you would like to wait.

Thanks

Kevin
    Participant

Brian,

Thank you for your sleuthing! We will look forward to seeing this resolved on the release in the next few weeks and then move the 3.8 update on to production.

-Erin

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok sounds good. I am going to close this topic as there is nothing more we can do. If you have any issues or questions related to this or not please just create a new ticket and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Errors on Single Event view- Deprecated terms’ is closed to new replies.