Errors on Image Uploads

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Errors on Image Uploads

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jebs38
    Participant

I am having problems with the Com-Events form not uploading photos. In the error codes, this message is coming up:

[Sat Jun 02 17:15:52 2012] [error] [client 76.1.230.150] PHP Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Unable to create file /nas/wp/www/cluster-1024/mysite.com/wp-content/Jersey-Fireworks-Banner.tmp because Permission denied in /nas/wp/www/cluster-1024/bestofnj/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 177, referer: mysite.com/calendar/share/add
    [Sat Jun 02 17:23:02 2012] [error] [client 76.1.230.150] PHP Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Unable to create file /nas/wp/www/cluster-1024/mysite.com/wp-content/FIRE-TOP-7v.tmp because Permission denied in /nas/wp/www/cluster-1024/bestofnj/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 177, referer: mysite.com/calendar/share/edit/event/39546

John

Jim McClain
    Participant

Hi John,

I don’t use the upload feature for events, so I’m not sure I can help much. The error information doesn’t seem to be referencing an image. I see no valid image file extension (.jpg, .gif, .png, et cetera).

Another thing to check would be the folder permissions where your images are uploaded to. They should be set to 0777 (or 777).

Tribe staff prob’ly won’t be back to help until Monday.

Jim

jebs38
    Participant

Good Morning Jim.

Yes, now that you mention it, the image is coming up with a .tmp extension. I am not sure what is going on there. All of the images are .jpg. I also don’t understand why the images are going straight into the wp-content folder. Maybe this is a multisite issue.

Thanks for your thoughts. Have a great weekend.
    John

Jonah
    Participant

Hi John,

I assume this is for the Event Image field and not anything custom you’ve added correct? It’s working fine for me so it sort of sounds like either a plugin conflict or server issue or WordPress software issue. Have you tried all the following:

1. Are you running the latest version of WordPress?
    2. Have you tried re-installing WordPress?
    3. Are you running the latest versions of our plugins (2.0.6 and 1.0 for Community)
    4. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins to rule out a conflict?
    5. Have you tried reverting to the Twenty Eleven theme to see if it’s something with your theme?
    6. Try setting your permalinks to ‘postname’ in Settings > Permalinks
    7. Try refreshing your permalinks by visiting Settings > Permalinks (it does it automatically)
    8. Try increasing the PHP memory for your website: http://www.dailyblogging.org/wordpress/increase-wordpress-memory-limit/

– Jonah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Errors on Image Uploads’ is closed to new replies.