Error with Google Map: Appears stretched / missing tiles

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Error with Google Map: Appears stretched / missing tiles

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jingdaily
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve recently taken over as a developer for the for JingDaily. On the events page, we’re experiencing a stretching of the map as you can see here:

7th United Nations World Tourism Organization/Pacific Asia Travel Association Forum on Tourism Trends and Outlook

We have a dev site that doesn’t have the stretching problem; An example here:

http://jingdev.jingdaily.com/event/asias-fashion-jewellery-accessories-fair-march/

It would unfortunately be difficult to deactivate all other plugins and revert themes on our production site. I have limited experience with embedding google maps but I believe the issue lies solely in that and not necessarily the plugin itself. Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.

Barry

Are there any notable differences between your dev and production sites that you’re aware of?

jingdaily
    Participant

Sorry about the delayed response.

To my knowledge I can’t determine and real difference between the production site and the dev site.. but I have noticed (for example in the dev link I provided) the map is right-aligned and only 162×350. I wonder if somewhere along the time someone tried to restyle the map without altering the data call itself? Can you possible elaborate where the call to the Google map API exists? Where are the height and width set?

Barry

Hi jingdaily: if you open the single-venue.php template and drill down from there (starting with the tribe_get_embedded_map() call and following the train of logic from there) that could be one avenue of exploration.

That said, after taking another look at the two sites, it does rather look like at least one core plugin stylesheet has been modified (which we do not recommend) so it could come down to the impact of custom CSS, too.

jingdaily
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your response Barry.

Having looking into it, I’m convinced it has to be somewhere in the stylesheet. I actually copied the example map on https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/map-simple — still had the same issue. It’s odd because I can’t tie any of the styling on the map to a stylesheet per say, everything is inline styled. Either way I’d like to checkout some fresh stylesheets and see if that fixes anything. Whats the best way for me to get them? I’m running Events Calendar (basic) Version 3.0.3 and Pro Version 3.0.5

Barry

Historic downloads of PRO are available on our downloads page – for core you can obtain a copy via the repo on wordpress.org.

Hope that helps!

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, jingdaily. As it’s been a couple of weeks since your last post, I’m going to close this thread. Please feel free to open a new one if you choose to pursue this further.

Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Error with Google Map: Appears stretched / missing tiles’ is closed to new replies.