Error when importing EB events

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Error when importing EB events

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Shabbir
    Participant

When I attempt to import EB events, I get a 500 error from my server that looks like this:
    Server error
    The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.goldengatejoad.com/wp-admin/post.php?post_type=tribe_events&eventbrite_id=4350993940&submit=Go&import_eventbrite=e2ee0afe7b&_wp_http_referer=%2Fwp-admin%2Fedit.php%3Fpost_type%3Dtribe_events%26page%3Dimport-eventbrite-events. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

I have entered the API key, entered the EB plugin API key as well as deactivated and reactivated the plugins in the order specified in other trouble tickets.

I get a similar error when I try and add a new event.

The problem I suspect is from this httpd server log error:

[Thu Sep 13 16:00:55 2012] [error] [client 50.0.158.244] PHP Fatal error: Class ‘DOMDocument’ not found in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/eventbrite-api.class.php on line 58, referer: http://www.goldengatejoad.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=997&action=edit&message=1

Here is the extensions turned on from phpinfo():

Configure Command => ‘./configure’ ‘–build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu’ ‘–host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu’ ‘–program-prefix=’ ‘–disable-dependency-tracking’ ‘–prefix=/usr’ ‘–exec-prefix=/usr’ ‘–bindir=/usr/bin’ ‘–sbindir=/usr/sbin’ ‘–sysconfdir=/etc’ ‘–datadir=/usr/share’ ‘–includedir=/usr/include’ ‘–libdir=/usr/lib64’ ‘–libexecdir=/usr/libexec’ ‘–localstatedir=/var’ ‘–sharedstatedir=/var/lib’ ‘–mandir=/usr/share/man’ ‘–infodir=/usr/share/info’ ‘–cache-file=../config.cache’ ‘–with-libdir=lib64’ ‘–with-config-file-path=/etc’ ‘–with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d’ ‘–disable-debug’ ‘–with-pic’ ‘–disable-rpath’ ‘–without-pear’ ‘–with-bz2’ ‘–with-exec-dir=/usr/bin’ ‘–with-freetype-dir=/usr’ ‘–with-png-dir=/usr’ ‘–with-xpm-dir=/usr’ ‘–enable-gd-native-ttf’ ‘–with-t1lib=/usr’ ‘–without-gdbm’ ‘–with-gettext’ ‘–with-gmp’ ‘–with-iconv’ ‘–with-jpeg-dir=/usr’ ‘–with-openssl’ ‘–with-pcre-regex=/usr’ ‘–with-zlib’ ‘–with-layout=GNU’ ‘–enable-exif’ ‘–enable-ftp’ ‘–enable-magic-quotes’ ‘–enable-sockets’ ‘–enable-sysvsem’ ‘–enable-sysvshm’ ‘–enable-sysvmsg’ ‘–with-kerberos’ ‘–enable-ucd-snmp-hack’ ‘–enable-shmop’ ‘–enable-calendar’ ‘–without-sqlite’ ‘–with-libxml-dir=/usr’ ‘–enable-xml’ ‘–with-system-tzdata’ ‘–enable-force-cgi-redirect’ ‘–enable-pcntl’ ‘–with-imap=shared’ ‘–with-imap-ssl’ ‘–enable-mbstring=shared’ ‘–enable-mbregex’ ‘–with-gd=shared’ ‘–enable-bcmath=shared’ ‘–enable-dba=shared’ ‘–with-db4=/usr’ ‘–with-xmlrpc=shared’ ‘–with-ldap=shared’ ‘–with-ldap-sasl’ ‘–with-mysql=shared,/usr’ ‘–with-mysqli=shared,/usr/bin/mysql_config’ ‘–with-interbase=shared,/usr/lib64/firebird’ ‘–with-pdo-firebird=shared,/usr/lib64/firebird’ ‘–enable-dom=shared’ ‘–with-pgsql=shared’ ‘–enable-wddx=shared’ ‘–with-snmp=shared,/usr’ ‘–enable-soap=shared’ ‘–with-xsl=shared,/usr’ ‘–enable-xmlreader=shared’ ‘–enable-xmlwriter=shared’ ‘–with-curl=shared,/usr’ ‘–enable-fastcgi’ ‘–enable-pdo=shared’ ‘–with-pdo-odbc=shared,unixODBC,/usr’ ‘–with-pdo-mysql=shared,/usr’ ‘–with-pdo-pgsql=shared,/usr’ ‘–with-pdo-sqlite=shared,/usr’ ‘–with-pdo-dblib=shared,/usr’ ‘–with-sqlite3=shared,/usr’ ‘–enable-json=shared’ ‘–enable-zip=shared’ ‘–without-readline’ ‘–with-libedit’ ‘–with-pspell=shared’ ‘–enable-phar=shared’ ‘–with-mcrypt=shared,/usr’ ‘–with-tidy=shared,/usr’ ‘–with-mssql=shared,/usr’ ‘–enable-sysvmsg=shared’ ‘–enable-sysvshm=shared’ ‘–enable-sysvsem=shared’ ‘–enable-posix=shared’ ‘–with-unixODBC=shared,/usr’ ‘–enable-fileinfo=shared’ ‘–enable-intl=shared’ ‘–with-icu-dir=/usr’ ‘–with-enchant=shared,/usr’ ‘–with-recode=shared,/usr’

Am I missing something you require to run? It seems so.

-Shabbir

Shabbir
    Participant

I should also add that despite the 500 error, I’m still seeing the event show up in the event list now. Weird.

Shabbir
    Participant

But only for the event I added, not for imported events.

Shabbir
    Participant

I’ve done some further debugging. I went and made sure that I had the relevant PHP extension installed (it is) and then went and found the offending line that’s throwing the error in the EventBrite pulugin. It’s:
    $dom = new DOMDocument( ‘1.0’, ‘iso-8859-1’ );

So I then went and made a tiny .php file that contains that, and ran it. It’s name php and looks like this:

I tried invoking it from the web as well as from the php command line and it executes without errors. It seems your plugin is having trouble finding this class, while other PHP code is not. What can we do to debug the problem next?

Barry

Hi Shabbir.

That’s a strange problem, particularly if you can instantiate DOMDocument from elsewhere without any problems.

Although it sounds like you’ve done some thorough debugging already I’d just like to clarify if the output of phpinfo() from your initial post was obtained via the command line or not?

Also, the snippets of code you tried to share with us aren’t showing up. Unfortunately this forum doesn’t handle things like that very well so it’s usually better to use a service like Pastebin or Gist if you want to share code or output from functions.

Last but not least while on the face of it this is looking like some sort of configuration issue I think it is well worth running through some standard troubleshooting steps first of all, just to make sure we’ve covered the bases.

• Can you deactivate all other plugins except for The Events Calendar and of course related plugins such as Eventbrite
    • Can you switch back to a stock copy of a default theme, such as Twenty Eleven
    • See if you can replicate this problem

I look forward to hearing from you.

Shabbir
    Participant

Well I did the deactivation trick, turning all my plugins back on 1 at a time, and now everything works. I don’t know what was causing the conflict, but also, I don’t have the problem any more.

Barry

Well, that’s the important thing. If you need any further support on this then just let me know.

Barry

Shabbir, just a note that I will now close this thread (since you said the problem was resolved and a good period of time has presumably passed without incident since then).

Hope you enjoy the rest of your Eventbrite experience and thanks for your support 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Error when importing EB events’ is closed to new replies.