Error Redirecting User Role of Author to Home Page instead of WP Admin Dashboard

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Error Redirecting User Role of Author to Home Page instead of WP Admin Dashboard

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Scott Groves
    Participant

Authors logging in are being redirected to home page instead of WP Dashboard.

Deactivated all plugins on staging site and tested each one, one by one and identified it’s the Events Community Add On plugin causing the issue. I updated it and it appeared to work at first, but then the Submit Your Event page (front end where public submits event) started redirecting people to home page of site.

Now the event submit page is working again https://discovermountgambier.com.au/events/community/add – but the Wp-admin login is giving me WSOD.

Any ideas?
    Thanks – Scott

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

Thanks for getting in touch with your issue. I’m sorry this is happening.

I did a quick test with an author user having only the latest TEC and Community Events active and all kind of logins worked fine, no redirections to the home page and no WSOD.

Are you using any plugins that handle redirections? (Does maybe Memberpress or User Role Editor do that?)

To get down to the bottom of this probably the best would be setting up a blank test site and then adding the plugins you are using one-by-one, testing after each if everything is still working as expected (logins, redirections, no-WSODs). It can be that one of the plugins you are using is conflicting with one of ours. At the moment it is difficult to say whether the issue is with our plugin or the other plugin.

I’ve also seen similar cases where the memory dedicated to the website was not enough and after activating X plugins the site / admin dash would give a WSOD. It was independent of any specific plugin, it was rather the memory needed by the activated plugins. I see you have 512M set up, so that shouldn’t be a problem, but might be worth a check.

Let me know what you find. Looking forward to helping you solve this.

Cheers,
    Andras

Scott Groves
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Error Redirecting User Role of Author to Home Page instead of WP Admin Dashboard’ is closed to new replies.