Error Message when Trying to Save Live Eventbrite Event in WP

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Error Message when Trying to Save Live Eventbrite Event in WP

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Steph
    Participant

I continue to get the following error message when I try to make an event “Live” on Eventbrite. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. All required fields are entered and my Eventbrite account is working just fine. Any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Error
    An error occurred while contacting Eventbrite. Please review your information and try again.

Barry

Have you entered your Eventbrite API key in your user profile page (and can you double check that it is accurate)?

Steph
    Participant

Hi Barry. Yes I have entered my Eventbrite API key in my user profile and just checked to make sure it was accurate — it is.

Barry

OK; well Status: 400 means the request is being rejected due to bad syntax. I’m not exactly sure why that would be – but if you can bear with me I’ll see if I can get some input from the team 🙂

Barry

… Before we do anything further, though, can I ask you to run through the following steps:

• Please ensure all your Modern Tribe plugins are up-to-date and in-synch. If you are using Eventbrite Tickets 1.0.5 then you must also use The Events Calendar 2.0.11
    • Deactivate all other plugins
    • Switch to a default and unmodified theme, such as Twenty Ten
    • Test again: is the problem resolved?
    • If so, reactivate everything one-at-a-time, testing at each stage to see if the problem has returned

Thanks!

Steph
    Participant

We got the event to save to Eventbrite, but when I updated it, Eventbrite would not accept the changes.

Steph
    Participant

We resolved this by publishing first to Eventbrite and then importing and publishing to WordPress. We are finding that it is quickest to just delete an event that needs editing instead of trying to get both systems to update.

Barry

That may be so, certainly updating directly on Eventbrite will not trigger an update on WordPress.

Are you pretty much good to go here – or do you require further support?

Steph
    Participant

We are all set. Thanks for the help!

Barry

Great!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Error Message when Trying to Save Live Eventbrite Event in WP’ is closed to new replies.