Error message when submitting event

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Error message when submitting event

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tony Ash
    Participant

I’m getting this error when I’m trying to submit an event (community, non wp user) without any form data in the additional fields section. I was testing the form to ensure the required fields were properly styled in the event of an error being displayed when I discovered this.

Filling out the form completely and resubmitting makes the errors go away.

Warning: stripslashes() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/tribe-community-events/event-form.php on line 203

Brook
    Participant

Howdy kabard,

Thank you for reporting this. I am unable to reproduce it on my site though. I wonder if it requires some pretty specific additional fields settings? Would you mind grabbing your system information and pasting it here? Make sure to use the ‘Set as private reply’ checkbox to protect your private information from the public. You can find the system info by going to WP Admin > Events > Settings, clicking on the “Help” tab, and scrolling down to the ‘System Information’ box. (Or by going to [yoursite]/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar&tab=help) With that info hopeuflly I can reproduce the warning.

Keep in mind though, PHP Warnings are not actual errors. You should not be seeing them on your live website/server. If you are, you will want to consult with your host or perhaps the PHP manual for changing your error reporting to a production server setting. I do appreciate you bringing the warning to our attention though. What they are intended to do is bring out areas of the code that might need some polishing. I can have a dev look into this once we can reproduce, and see if this is just such an area.

Thanks again. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheer!

– Brook

Tony Ash
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

Thank you Tony! I can now reproduce it when I set my PHP error reporting to include warnings. I will log that so it can be fixed in the future. In the mean time, it is definitely a good idea to disable Warnings on any production website, and that will resolve the problem. This particular warning is actually a prime example of why. It is not even pointing out a real error/potential bug, rather it is just going to require adding extra code in order to hide a useless warning. All the same we like all PHP projects have numerous bits of code working around or hiding those sorts of warnings, so I appreciate your pointing this one out so it can be hidden in the future.

Does that all make sense? Is there any thing else I can help you with? If not, mind marking this topic resolved? Cheers!

– Brook

Tony Ash
    Participant

That makes sense. Thanks!

Brook
    Participant

Hey Tony, when you have had a chance to update to TEC and Community the latest versions would you mind retesting this? I believe it has been fixed in 3.8. I am no longer able to reproduce it, but I just want to confirm. It was not part of our official changelog for the last release, but it might have been fixed anyways! Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has gone for a spell without a response I am going to archive it. Thanks!

– Brook

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Error message when submitting event’ is closed to new replies.