Error message activating Eventbrite 3.9.3

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Error message activating Eventbrite 3.9.3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Grant Rollo
    Participant

Hi

When I try to activate the latest update I get :

“Fatal error: Can’t use function return value in write context in /home/sites/xxxxxxxxxx.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/lib/tribe-eventbrite.class.php on line 412”

Ive reverted back to 3.9.2 for the moment, but would you please investigate and advise?

Thanks

artsmartlondon
    Participant

I also just downloaded and installed the eventbrite addon, and received the exact same error. Help?

George
    Participant

Hey folks,

Hey Paul,

I’m very sorry for the trouble here! I’m curious, if you head to Settings > Permalinks in your site’s admin area, does anything improve if you just click “Save Changes” on that page?

You don’t actually need to change anything on that page, just click “Save Changes” – this causes the rewrite rules on your site to refresh, which may help here.

Let us know what you find!

Thanks,
    George

artsmartlondon
    Participant

No, clicking save changes in permalinks doesn’t work. Note that I have modified the code to allow me continue working as its throwing a fatal error on every page.

Original code (line 412 / /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/lib/tribe-eventbrite.class.php):

if ( empty( get_the_title( $event ) ) ){
    					return $this->throw_notice( $event, __( 'This Event requires a Title to sync to Eventbrite.', 'tribe-eventbrite' ), $_POST );
    				}

This is what I changed it to:

$tmp_title = get_the_title( $event );
    				if ( empty( $tmp_title ) ){
    					return $this->throw_notice( $event, __( 'This Event requires a Title to sync to Eventbrite.', 'tribe-eventbrite' ), $_POST );
    				}
    George
    Participant

Hey Folks,

We’ve pushed a new update to the Eventbrite add-on, version 3.9.4, which includes many bug-fixes. And it’s funny you shared this code here @artsmartlondon, we made a similar change to fix the bug! 🙂 The issue was that functions don’t work well for return values for if statements in lower versions of PHP like 5.2.

We fixed a lot of things and you should all update – then, go to “Settings > Permalinks” in your admin, click “Save Changes” without changing anything (this just causes the permalinks to refresh across the site, as mentioned above), and try things out again.

Let us know if it helps!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Error message activating Eventbrite 3.9.3’ is closed to new replies.