Error in The Event Calendar 4.6.14 (Free) Release

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Error in The Event Calendar 4.6.14 (Free) Release

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Oakey

I have no idea what the correct method is to go about reporting a bug, it seems very difficult to do so. I just updated my WordPress site to version 4.6.14 (free version) and my site immediately went down with 500 response errors. I found this in my website logs:

[18-Apr-2018 17:13:28 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''page_on_front'' (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING) in /home/www/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Front_Page_View.php on line 93

I was able to fix the issue by manually editing line 93 of the source from:
    $does_not_have_data = empty( $data['show_on_front'] ) && empty( 'page_on_front' );

to

$does_not_have_data = empty( $data['show_on_front'] ) && empty( $data['page_on_front'] );

Since the site crashes with a 500 and becomes unreachable, it seems that users will need to be able to edit the source or use some external tool to rollback/upgrade the plugin to the new version.

Stephen Oakey

I see this has been reported elseware.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen!

I’m sorry to know you’ve been impacted by this issue as well.

Indeed, we are aware of this error that occurs for sites using PHP version 5.5 and earlier.

We’ve just released a hotfix to address this > https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-events-calendar-4-6-14-1/

If you are still experiencing the fatal error and cannot access your WP Admin, you’ll need to manually delete the plugin folder using FTP or via a file manager in your hosting.

As always, it is recommended to setup a dev/staging site so you can test things out and make all plugins, theme and WordPress core updates without disrupting the live site.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Error in The Event Calendar 4.6.14 (Free) Release’ is closed to new replies.