Error Checking within the Date field in the Custom Fields

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Error Checking within the Date field in the Custom Fields

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Restarick
    Participant

Is it possible to set up error checking on the date fields in the custom fields area of the Events Tickets Plus plugin so that if someone types in the birth date that is beyond a certain date (based on today’s date) that an error appears?

For example, If someone enters a date that means the child is over 12 then they are not eligible to purchase tickets to the event, as the tickets are aimed to be sold to children of ages 5-12, so the error checking would need to know the current date and then check the date that they enter and show an error if they are over 12.

Is this possible? If not as a support request, could you recommend someone that already understands the Events Tickets Plus plugin to make a change?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I understand that you want to validate the additional attendee information fields for a ticket. If so, it should be possible but would require some custom coding to make that happen.

This is indeed out of the scope of our support. We know it’s hard to find a suitable developer for this sort of customizations, so we recommend you start by looking in Codeable > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/custom-development/

I hope that helps. Let us know if any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victo

Stephen Restarick
    Participant

Thanks Victor. I’ll look to see if I can arrange a customisation. Can you tell me whether a custom date field is on the road map for a future release… and a rough estimate when? I’m surprised with the custom fields that this does not exist?
    Thank you

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for following up.

We do have this as a feature idea posted in our user voice > https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/34063372-additional-fields-should-support-date-fields so I’d suggest you add your vote to it.

We can’t really commit to a date for this, however, I don’t think this functionality is going to be added in the near future as there seems to be many other features that have a higher priority at the moment.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Error Checking within the Date field in the Custom Fields’ is closed to new replies.