Error 500 and Export/Import

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Error 500 and Export/Import

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Jennifer Williams.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Williams
    Participant

I’m creating an updated site and need to get all of the events transferred over. Admittedly, there are a LOT.

Old site: http://www.brewridgetrail.com
    New site (temp): http://www.brewridgetrail.com/new

I’ve exported from old and imported to new several times and I’m running into trouble.
    1) I get 500 errors. I’m thinking the file is too big, but once it’s there there’s no way to get rid of the uploaded events without manually deleting (is there?) and I’ve got hundreds of pages of events.
    2) I tried going in through Cpanel to delete/upload but I can’t find where to do that.
    3) I’ve tried decreasing the size of the .XML files, but I’m getting errors there too. Many recurring events don’t have years associated with them and are therefore not showing up on the calendar when I do this.

Any tips? Please? Want to get this site launched asap.

Thanks!
    Jennie

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Jennie,

As a designer myself, I have to say, first of all, the new site is coming along great! Awesome job with that. 🙂

As for the issues exporting events:

I did some experimenting with this on my own test site (which also has 500+ events), and I was able to export them and import them to the same site with no issues (other than the fact that I now have duplicates of all of my events, hah!). I’m inclined to think that your issues may be related to a server timeout or some other host-imposed limitation. Have you tried reaching out to them to see if they have any restrictions on the server that may be causing this error?

Let me know what they say, and we’ll work from there!

Cheers,

Shelby 🙂

Jennifer Williams
    Participant

Hey Shelby –

Thank you so much. I’ll reach out to them. Is there anything in particular I should be asking for? Or just share with them the same error message I shared here?

Thanks!

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Jennie,

You should definitely share that you’re getting 500 errors (which are server errors) and indicate that it’s when using the WordPress Importer plugin for our event post type. Also make sure they know that this is verified as an unusual issue that’s unable to be replicated by the plugin developers (that part will save you some back and forth of them telling you to check with us). 🙂

Cheers,

Shelby 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Error 500 and Export/Import’ is closed to new replies.