Entry boxes on backend – can you make them larger?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Entry boxes on backend – can you make them larger?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Penny L
    Participant

Hello!

I was wondering if it possible to make the entry boxes larger on the back end?
    The reason being is that the site that I have is more of an internal site for my company and the lady that enters everything in would like to be able to read all the text at once while she is entering it on the backend.

Thanks!

Mel

Jami
    Blocked

Hi Penny,

Welcome to the forums! 🙂 Sure, you can certainly add your own custom style to the admin area.

I would approach it by first creating a new stylesheet in your theme. I recommend using a child theme for this so that any customization you add won’t get overwritten by a theme update. The stylesheet is where we’ll add all of our custom style. You can name your stylesheet something like admin-events.css.

Next you’ll want to load that stylesheet in your admin area. To do this, we’ll add a function to your theme’s functions.php file:

https://gist.github.com/jamigibbs/534323961cfc200f5cb1

Now you can add any customizations you’d like to your stylesheet. For example, to make the inputs and selectors larger, we can do something like:

https://gist.github.com/jamigibbs/157b347a958b39023761

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help with anything else.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Jami
    Blocked

Hi Penny,

Welcome to the forums! 🙂 Sure, you can certainly add your own custom style to the admin area.

I would approach it by first creating a new stylesheet in your theme. I recommend using a child theme for this so that any customization you add won’t get overwritten by a theme update. The stylesheet is where we’ll add all of our custom style. You can name your stylesheet something like admin-events.css.

Next you’ll want to load that stylesheet in your admin area. To do this, we’ll add a function to your theme’s functions.php file:

https://gist.github.com/jamigibbs/534323961cfc200f5cb1

Now you can add any customizations you’d like to your stylesheet. For example, to make the inputs and selectors larger, we can do something like:

https://gist.github.com/jamigibbs/157b347a958b39023761

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help with anything else.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Penny L
    Participant

Jami,

One other thing, on the front end the custom fields is all at the right of the page. Is it possible to move it over to the left and then make the text go across the width of the page instead of in one column ?

Jami
    Blocked

Hey Penny,

Thanks for the follow up! I’ve had a look at your site but I’m not entirely sure I understand what you’d like to change. Can you be more specific about where you’re seeing the content aligned to the right?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Penny L
    Participant

The content I’m needed to re align is when you actually view an event on the front end. The custom fields all go under the “other” category and they are all at the right side of the page. I’m just wanting to move them over to the left and make them span across the page.

screen shot of issue

Jami
    Blocked

Thanks for the screenshot, Penny! That was very helpful.

So for this type of customization, you’ll want to consider overriding the template file. The short of it is that you’ll need to create a folder in your theme called /tribe-events/ and place the template file you’d like to customize in that folder.

In this case, you’ll want look at using the following templates file:

the-events-calendar/views/modules/meta/

And move that into your theme folder like this:

[your-theme]/tribe-events/modules/meta/

Check out our Themer’s Guide which goes into detail about how to accomplish this.

I hope that helps. Good luck with your site and a let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has gone for a couple of week without an update it is being archived. If you need anything else though please don’t hesitate to open a new topic, we would love to help.

Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Entry boxes on backend – can you make them larger?’ is closed to new replies.