Enddate promptly to the today's date

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Enddate promptly to the today's date

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    fotoii
    Participant

Hi,

I use for our homepage your events calendar. Please take a look here
    http://www.fotoii.com/event/

We publish with your tool events and exhibitions about photography. How I can list the events so that the first event will be listed which had the Enddate promptly to the today’s date.
    If their any function in your plugin? If not, it’s possible to create this feature. That is a simple function.

Thanks for your help.
    Marcel

Casey D

Hello fotoii,

Thanks for contacting us!

I’m afraid I don’t fully understand your request, maybe something lost in translation?

How I can list the events so that the first event will be listed which had the Enddate promptly to the today’s date.

The events are listed in ascending chronological order according to the start date. I believe you want to do the same but according to the end date? That is, display the events first that are ending soonest?

Unfortunately that level of customization goes beyond the scope of the forums. If you check out our Themer’s Guide, you could probably make a template override to display what you want.

Using the tribe_events_query_posts_orderby filter, you may be able to filter by end date instead.

If you have a moment, we’d love for you to submit your idea to our UserVoice forum. We take user ideas and contributions very seriously, and many times their ideas end up in our future releases.

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can explain anything else!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

fotoii
    Participant

Hi Casey,

Thanks for your help. If you look on this page
    http://www.fotoii.com/event/
    you will see as first the event how started at 1th January 2014. The Enddate is still open. I had to targets to cover. The first on is that I need for the page movement. So that visitors see all times a refreshed content. As visitors I would like have the information, which exhibition will close as next. I think the best way to achieve this aims is to list the events whit this condition.

We show on the top the event which Enddate is the nearest to the today date etc.
    If this fonctionne can be added as a request box in your plugin that will be fine. Otherwise tell me how our developer can program this request.

Best regards,
    Marcel

Casey D

Hi Marcel,

Can you give me a more specific link for that first event? I can’t find an event that starts on the 1st of January.

2014-05-19 at 11.02 AM

Otherwise, if I understand correctly, you are still just looking to sort by end date, if the event has one. Unfortunately, that functionality is not available out of the box and you will need a developer to configure it. I believe my previous answer should get you in the right place still.

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can explain anything else!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

fotoii
    Participant

Hi Casey,

thanks for your answer. This is an event starting on the 1th January
    http://www.fotoii.com/event/photobastei/
    and Enddate is 31 August. I think that user would like find information about 2 criteria – first on will be the place and second one Enddate or how many time an exhibition is still open. If you sort by the Enddate and you show the Enddate which is nearest to the Today Date, that will be a logical selection for me. To program this in the back and is not the best solution for a plugin. By the next update we will have only problems. I think to create a feature in your plugin is more appreciate.

Thanks,
    Marcel

PS: I agree that this request not are important for events with a short duration. But photographic events are showed some times over more then a half year.

Casey D

Thanks for your comments, I agree that this sort feature could have some utility to some of our users.

I’d love for you to submit your idea to our UserVoice forum. We take user ideas and contributions very seriously, and many times their ideas end up in our future releases.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello fotoii,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Enddate promptly to the today's date’ is closed to new replies.