End Time

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kylie
    Participant

I have been having the following problem. In the calendar view (see http://www.toowoombachamber.com.au/events/2012-02/) you will notice that when you hover over the entry the finish time is 12am, but when you click into the event (http://www.toowoombachamber.com.au/event/sbas-nda-seminar-pittsworth/) this event actually finished at 8pm. Any idea on why this is not showing the correct date on the front hover option? THanks

Rob

Hi Kylie. Thanks for the note; hope you’ve been well. Oddly I thought we’d fixed this. Are you using 2.0.3 for both free & PRO?

Kylie
    Participant

Just upgraded the Pro to 2.0.3, the original plugin was already at that. Does not seem to have made any difference.

Rob

Thanks for confirming. We just yesterday uncovered an issue where UTC time zone sites were having a problem along these lines; I’m wondering if this could be related. If you can show a screenshot of your time zone settings, I’ll set those on my end and attempt to recreate the problem (so we can get it addressed as needed). Apologies for the inconvenience in the interim.

Kylie
    Participant

Hi Rob, here is some pics of the problem, first pic below you will see one entry in there twice, now we have only entered this once into the system but for some reason on the calendar it shows up twice. Please also not the time it is showing in the fly out is wrong, this event does not finish at 12am!
    http://www.toowoombachamber.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Double-Entries.png

This second picture shows our time settings, I have just changed them to be Brisbane, but it was originally on UTC+10 I think. Changing it to Brisbane has NOT fixed the problem.
    http://www.toowoombachamber.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Time-Entries.png

Kylie
    Participant

Sorry hit enter too quickly!

I also have the problem of entries being made to the calendar (e.g. we have 2 events for the March 1 and March 2, they have been published but are not appearing on the calendar;

So in short;

I have events appearing twice in the calendar, but only one entry exists
    I have events not appearing on the calendar
    I have the end times being shown as 12am on everything, unless you open the entry to look at it.

Thanks
    Kylie

Rob

Hi Kylie. Thanks for the follow-up; it definitely sounds like there’s a conflict of some kind going on here, as 2 of the 3 issues you’re noting there (the first two) haven’t come up at all yet, and the third should be UTC specific. Any chance you’re in an environment where you can test whether deactivation of other plugins (or your theme, if necessary) is possible? Let me know if not.

Kylie
    Participant

Hi Rob, I have moved the files to a local site to test and this is what I have found;

I am using the wish list member plugin to enable our users to be registered and use different parts of the site. When this is active I cannot see some of the entries to the calendar, and I also see some of the entries twice. When it is deactivated things seem to be fine. The time issue on some entries still remain, but the first two issues seem to correct themselves. Are you able to help me find what the conflict might be?

Thanks
    Kylie

Rob

Thanks for the heads up, Kylie. It definitely sounds like the problem here is the Wish List Member plugin. While it’s obviously impossible for us to make sure the plugin works alongside everything else out there, we are taking the names of those plugins that we know are causing conflicts and testing against them to see what we can do for 2.1. No guarantees, but we’re doing what we can. Would you be willing to provide us with that plugin, so we can test against it in a local (non-live) environment?

It looks like on the time zone front: if I review your second screenshot, it does seem like even the Brisbane change is still in UTC time. Am I reading that correctly? If so, that’s part of the broader known issue we’re working on now for 2.1.

Kylie
    Participant

Thanks Rob, I have an update for you. I have also been talking to the Wish list guys at the same time, they seem to have corrected the double entry and missing entries problem for me, so the only thing that now remains is the time problem. Having said that some entries do show the correct time and some show it wrong.

I am not sure what you mean by UTC time, Brisbane is in the list to select or else you can choose a UTC time instead.

Rob

Thanks Kylie. The reference I made to UTC time — you’ll see in your second screenshot (http://www.toowoombachamber.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Time-Entries.png), even though Brisbane is selected, it still is a UTC time zone as per the text to the right there. So it seems like anything where that’s an issue will display this problem.

Are there any consistent traits you can identify between events that are showing correct versus those that are not? Can you send me a link to one of each and I can try and troubleshoot? I also have some relatively stable 2.1 beta code that may resolve this, email me (rob at tri.be) if you want to give it a go.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘End Time’ is closed to new replies.