Embedding our calendar in other websites

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Embedding our calendar in other websites

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cappy
    Participant

Hello brainy people of the electron realm,

I had this great idea that instead of trying to import other organizations events into our calendar (which has dreadful formatting issues as I am sure you know), we would actually have them post their events on our calendar, and they would embed our calendar into their website with only their events list as filtered through “organizers”.

So, nonprofit A would post their events into our calendar, then they would embed our calendar on their site filtered for only events organized by nonprofit A. I understand they could simply put our calendar link in a frame of something like that, but it would still have our menu bars, side bars, etc. I just want the main content window to be displayed on their website. Does this make sense? Possible?

Geoff

Hey Cappy–nice to see you again and hope all is well!

That is indeed an excellent idea. In fact, it is something that has popped up in our feature request forum and, though it has been sitting a while, is something we have recently put under review.

In the meantime, it could be possible to create an iframe for your calendar that others would be able to embed into their sites. It might be a little bare bones and hacky, but is something to look into.

Another idea is to make your calendar feed available to other sites that have an calendars with iCal subscription capabilities. For example, your site could integrate the iCal Importer plugin we recently released, which generates an iCal URL for for your site. That URL can then be subscribed to by other sites, using the information from the feed to generate events on those calendars. I know Google Calendar can import events from that URL and would be something that free and accessible for others to embed on their sites. Of course, it would be great if those sites also had The Events Calendar. 🙂

Does this help stoke the fire for ideas? Let me know if you have other questions here and I’d be happy to help as best I can.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Embedding our calendar in other websites’ is closed to new replies.