Embedding Calendar widget outside

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Embedding Calendar widget outside

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

Hi, i would like to embed the mini calendar widget from the pro version onto my homepage. What would be the best way of going about this.

Usually, i would just include the widget file and output through that but it doesnt seem to be working.

If there is a built in shortcode i can use, that would be brilliant.

Kind Regards,
    jag

George
    Participant

Hey Steve,

If you’re trying to get the same exact output as you would get from dragging the Mini Calendar widget to a “normal” widget area, then my best recommendation here would to be create a new custom Widget Area wherever you need it in your theme.

While all the details of doing this are a bit outside the scope of our support forums here, there’s an awesome in-depth tutorial about this on the WordPress Codex → http://codex.wordpress.org/Widgetizing_Themes

If you follow the steps there to get started, you should have a widget area that you can just go back to Appearance > Widgets in your theme and drag the widget up to that new Widget Area.

Another option, which is simpler but gives you less control, and no control from the admin, is to just call the widget directly with the WordPress function called the_widget(). You can learn more about this function here → http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/the_widget

Let us know if this advice helps or if you have any other questions/concerns!

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Embedding Calendar widget outside’ is closed to new replies.