Embedded Map not showing in single-event page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Embedded Map not showing in single-event page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Alvaro
    Participant

The Google map does not load correctly in the single event detail page. I have the option activated in the settings page for maps to be shown and I have tried de-activating all plugins and using the default theme (twentysixteen). I have also looked it up on the forums but haven´t found any solutions.

The strangest thing is that the map works fine when viewing the single event details page logged in as Admin or Editor.

The maps also loads correctly in the list view (for all users, logged in or not).

The site is currently in “Coming Soon” mode, so I´m afraid I can´t provide al ink right now.

Thanks a lot for your help

PS: I posted this previously on The tickets forum, sorry for the double post.

George
    Participant

Hey @Alvaro,

Really sorry to hear about this!

I’m afraid that there’s unfortunately little we can do help troubleshoot your issue here until we are able to see see the problems first-hand on your site. You mention this:

The site is currently in “Coming Soon” mode, so I´m afraid I can´t provide al ink right now.

I totally understand “coming soon” mode! No worries here, it’s just that I, for example, cannot recreate this bug on my own local testing site. I have searched our bug tracker for reports of this and see no such reports; so to investigate this I would need to see your site firsthand.

Would you be at all able to temporarily, for the duration of this support thread only, make your site publicly visible and then share a link to some single events where we can take a look?

We cannot log into customer sites for any reason, so you unfortunately cannot post login information that we could then take to log into your site and see it; the site would have to be made publicly-visible for a temporary bit of time.

I’m sorry about this @Alvaro! Please let me know what you think and if you could be able to open up the site temporarily for viewing. If so, by the way, I will prioritize this issue and work as quickly as possible to minimize the amount of time your site is just sitting there in public while still in “Coming soon” mode!

Sincerely,
    George

PS: No worries about the double-post 🙂

Alvaro
    Participant

Hi George, thank you for the quick response.

Unfortunately I cannot give you access to that site but I have the exact same issue happening on another test site which is public:
    http://www.festivaldealmagro.com/nueva/

You can see a specific event here:
    http://www.festivaldealmagro.com/nueva/obra/nombre-de-montaje/

This other site is on a different host, using Twnety Sixteen and has no plugins active, except from your calendar plugin.

Thanks again.

PS: Here´s the site info:

http://www.festivaldealmagro.com
    INSTALL KEYS

WORDPRESS VERSION
    PHP VERSION
    5.4.45-0+deb7u2
    PLUGINS
    El Events Calendar PRO version 4.0.5 by Modern Tribe, Inc.(http://m.tri.be/20)
    The Events Calendar version 4.0.5 by Modern Tribe, Inc.(http://m.tri.be/1x)
    NETWORK PLUGINS

MU PLUGINS

THEME
    Twenty Sixteen
    MULTISITE

SETTINGS
    schema-version = 4.0.5
    recurring_events_are_hidden = exposed
    previous_ecp_versions = Array
    (
    [0] => 0
    )
    latest_ecp_version = 4.0.5
    last-update-message = 4.0.5
    disable_metabox_custom_fields = hide
    pro-schema-version = 4.0.5
    earliest_date = 2016-02-05 20:00:00
    latest_date = 2016-02-27 21:00:00
    custom-fields = Array
    (
    [2] => Array
    (
    [name] => _ecp_custom_2
    [label] => Comprar entrada
    [type] => url
    [values] =>
    )
    )

custom-fields-max-index = 2
    stylesheetOption = tribe
    tribeEventsTemplate = default
    tribeEnableViews = Array
    (
    [0] => list
    [1] => month
    [2] => week
    [3] => day
    [4] => map
    [5] => photo
    )
    viewOption = month
    tribeDisableTribeBar = 1
    hideLocationSearch = 1
    hideRelatedEvents =
    week_view_hide_weekends =
    monthEventAmount = 6
    enable_month_view_cache =
    dateWithYearFormat = j F, Y
    dateWithoutYearFormat = F j
    monthAndYearFormat = F Y
    weekDayFormat = D jS
    dateTimeSeparator = |
    timeRangeSeparator = –
    datepickerFormat = 0
    tribeEventsBeforeHTML =
    tribeEventsAfterHTML =
    donate-link =
    postsPerPage = 99
    liveFiltersUpdate = 1
    hideSubsequentRecurrencesDefault =
    userToggleSubsequentRecurrences =
    recurrenceMaxMonthsBefore = 24
    recurrenceMaxMonthsAfter = 24
    showComments =
    showEventsInMainLoop =
    eventsSlug = programa
    singleEventSlug = obra
    multiDayCutoff = 00:00
    defaultCurrencySymbol = €
    reverseCurrencyPosition =
    embedGoogleMaps = 1
    geoloc_default_geofence = 25
    geoloc_default_unit = miles
    embedGoogleMapsZoom = 15
    debugEvents =
    tribe_events_timezone_mode = event
    tribe_events_timezones_show_zone =
    WORDPRESS TIMEZONE

SERVER TIMEZONE
    UTC
    COMMON LIBRARY DIR
    /usr/home/festivaldealmagro.com/web/nueva/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe
    COMMON LIBRARY VERSION

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Alvaro.
    George
    Participant

Hey @Alvaro,

Thanks for this – I see a JavaScript error on your single-event pages that is coming from an outdated version of the Twenty Sixteen theme. If you delete your existing version of the Twenty Sixteen theme and then download a fresh copy of it from wordpress.org, then install and activate this fresh version, does the issue persist?

Here’s where to get a fresh copy of the theme → https://wordpress.org/themes/twentysixteen/

Deleting the existing copy of the theme will not erase site content data, though backing up your site beforehand is a good idea no matter what the risk! 🙂

Let me know what you find!
    George

Alvaro
    Participant

Hi George,

I deleted my copy of 2016 as you suggested and uploaded a fresh one from the repository, but still no luck. I saw the js error, but it looks like it has to be some conflict with your single-event.php template since there is no such error on any other page, including single.php :
    http://www.festivaldealmagro.com/nueva/2016/01/08/hola-mundo/

I also tried using Twenty Fifteen and single post maps aren´t working either on that theme. Have you had any previous issues with these two themes before? It is particularly odd that the map works fine when logged in as admin or editor but not for subscribers or unlogged users.

Any help will be greatly appreciatted.

George
    Participant

Hey @Alvaro,

I’m really sorry about the persistence of this bug! I will need to investigate this more deeply and will update this thread as soon as I have more information.

Until now, we have not heard of any similar behavior, and nobody our team has recreated your bug thus far. This does not mean the bug doesn’t exist! We’ll just have to tinker a bit to recreate the bug; once we do this, we can work backwards and try to fix it.

I’m sorry that I don’t have an immediate fix at this time, but I will investigate this closely and update you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!
    George

Alvaro
    Participant

Thanks again. I can now provide you a link to the original site, is has been published:

https://2016chino.madrid.es/

Unfortunately we coudn´t use your map system and had to do it some other way so Im not sure how useful it´s going to be.

I´d like to remark the sites are on different servers (both using the 2016 theme) but the problem is the exact same, maps are only loading for admins/editor.

I´m looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers.

George
    Participant

Hey Alvaro,

Can you clarify what you mean when you say this:

Unfortunately we couldn’t use your map system and had to do it some other way so Im not sure how useful it´s going to be.

Just to be clear, do you mean you’ve written custom code on your site related to maps in any way?

If so, does removing this custom code effect the behavior of this bug at all?

I have tried recreating this issue on my site numerous times to no avail. 🙁 I’m really sorry @Alvaro! This bug is perplexing!

Thank you for your patience with this so far…this is a very odd bug.

Sincerely,
    George

Alvaro
    Participant

Hey,

Re, your question, I meant we added some extra html to every event post´s description (the_content) by hand. Nothing php related. Does the trick on this site since we only have 20 events, but it´s not a satisfactory long term solution, of course.

I did a third try on yet another install on yet a different server an I´m trying to test it now (I´m waiting for the sysamdin to update to 4.4 so I can install TwentySixteen). Will keep you posted on this third test.

I would also like to insist about how odd it is that the mmap loads fine as long as you are logged as admin or editor. I suggest you point out this detail when explaining it to the developers, it may be key.

Thanks again.

George
    Participant

Hey @Alvaro,

The bug is happening when there’s no element on the page called .entry-footer. We’ve tried this when logged in, when not-logged-in, when logged in as a low level like subscriber, etc.

We cannot recreate this specific bug with events, however we can reproduce it in some locations on a site with the Twenty Sixteen theme.

This is an odd bug and I unfortunately do not have any immediate action I can recommend at this time, except for one suggestion that might help:

I wrote a modified version of Twenty Sixteen’s javascript file where this error is coming from. The modified version is here → https://git.io/vgc7M

I would recommend navigating to this file in your copy of Twenty Sixteen:

/twenty-sixteen/js/functions.js

Replace that file with entire contents of the link I shared above, save the file, and then see if anything improves with the error on your page….

I’m sorry about the persistence of this bug, @Alvaro.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    George

Alvaro
    Participant

Thanks for the hotfix, George, It works great. Please keep me posted if you find an explanation for the bug or a permanente solution.

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Glad to hear it Alvaro!

At present, we have still not reliably recreated this issue 🙁

Now, we have a bug ticket for it anyways, so as soon as we can recreate the issue we can work on fixing it. However, to be frank, that could take several weeks until there’s an official fix.

I’m really sorry about that!

The best way to stay up-to-date on bugfixes is to simply update your plugin every time an update is available. Each update has a “changelog” of all of the changes in that release; if this bug is fixed in a given release, it’ll be noted in the changelog.

We also publish release notes with the same sort of information on our blog → http://theeventscalendar.com/blog

Since a fix could take several weeks to arrive, I will close this thread for now. Feel free to open a new thread if other issues and questions ever arise 🙂

Cheers!
    George

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Embedded Map not showing in single-event page’ is closed to new replies.