Embed Calendar on page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Embed Calendar on page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vlambert
    Participant

I am also (as I have seen others post about this) trying to figure out a situation where I can include the full Events Calendar month view into a page template that will also allow me to populate some other content on the page. It seems that the standard functionality is that The Events Calendar will grab a page template but won’t actually grab the custom field data or content from a page set up in the WordPress back-end that has the same slug as that set for the “Events URL slug”. In my case, I want the calendar to be on the page but to have additional content above the calendar on the page as well, such as a slider promoting certain events.
    Is there a way to embed the full events calendar functionality into a page template that is used by a page managed in the back end? If not is there someone that can help create this please??
    I would also like to have links at the bottom of the calendar for our facebook and such – is that doable? Is there a way to add those? Thanks for your help!

Barry

Hi – great questions!

It seems that the standard functionality is that The Events Calendar will grab a page template but won’t actually grab the custom field data or content from a page set up in the WordPress back-end that has the same slug as that set for the “Events URL slug”.

Right – and this is expected/intentional behaviour. Lots of objects from custom posts to taxonomy terms may happen to share the same slug – but when it comes to events pages, this is merely a “pathway” – it has no relationship with existing pages, etc.

Is there a way to embed the full events calendar functionality into a page template that is used by a page managed in the back end? If not is there someone that can help create this please??

It’s definitely possible, but it’s a fairly advanced customization and what I recommend instead is working around the existing events page. You can override and customize any of our templates – please see our Themer’s Guide to learn how – and could for example conditionally add content above and below the month view and month view only.

Similarly, though not officially supported, there is a plugin which lets you add the main events page to the front page of your blog and/or embed events arbitrarily in any given post – which might offer you a way to achieve your goal.

I would also like to have links at the bottom of the calendar for our facebook and such – is that doable? Is there a way to add those?

There definitely is!

If you visit the Events > Settings > Display admin screen you should find a field that lets you add content above or below the events pages. That apart, please note that typically we try hard to stick to one issue per topic, so if you need further help with this (or anything other than the initial question) please do create a new thread and one of the team will be only too happy to help 🙂

Thanks!

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Embed Calendar on page’ is closed to new replies.