embed "Add-"website

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events embed "Add-"website

• This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by dsb cloud services GmbH & Co. KG.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

is it possible to embed the add-website to existing site, like with a shortcode for example.
    Background information:
    I want to have one website with the calendar on in with the “add” page.

Greetings
    Patrick

Cliff

Hi, Patrick.

To clarify, are you wanting example-a.com‘s Community Events form to be embedded at another site like example-b.com/add-event?

If yes, please explain your specific use case so I can best advise.

Thank you.

Yes, I kinda want that.
    I want example.com/add-event to contain both, first the calendar and second the add-form. Like in the screenshots. And sorry they are in German.
    Backgroundinformation:
    I want to implement a meeting room management system. So the users which are looking into the calendar are searching for a free timeslot where they can book a meeting room. And one requirement from my customer is, that you don’t have to “reminder the free timeslot”. Meaning he doesn’t want to look for a free slot, then switch to another website and have to remeber, when excatly the timeslot was.
    If you have the calendar ontop of the add form, you didn’t have this problem.

I hope, I explained my requierments comprehensible.

Cliff

Might this be a solution that would make it unnecessary to run 2 different sites: https://wordpress.org/plugins/venue-check/ (third-party, not guaranteed or supported by us)

Hi Cliff,

thanks. This plugin looks nice and I will give it a try. But I apprehensive that my customer will want to have both on one site. I will talk to her at monday.

Greetings Patrick

Hmm Ok, I just tested your plugin. Sadly it doesn’t work with the community events add-ins 🙁

Cliff

It might be worth discussing with the developer of that plugin. Or you could try to use its code and integrate it via an action hook in the Community Events form.

Either way you choose to implement this, it’d be in the realm of custom coding, which is outside our Scope of Support / Terms.

The last ideas that might come in handy here are:

• using the REST API to get things from one site to another
    • similarly, using Event Aggregator to pull events from Site A to Site B

Hopefully something here will end up being helpful to you.

Hi Cliff,

for your information, I still need to talk to the customer about it. I don’t get an appointment.

Greetings
    Patrick

Cliff

Patrick, I’m not clear about what you meant by “I don’t get an appointment.”

Please note that threads get Closed automatically after a couple weeks of inactivity. If it does get Closed, please open a new thread, adding your current problem description and also linking back to this thread.

Thank you!

Hi Cliff,

I meant, my customer didn’t have time for a meeting to talk about the issue and what to do about it.
    But now I had the chance to talk to her and it’s fine that the “create an event” is a extra site.

Greetings
    Patrick

Barry

Sounds like you’re all sorted – but please do feel free to create new topics as needed if we can help with anything else 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘embed "Add-"website’ is closed to new replies.