Email Tickets don't show Event Date/Time on RSVP and tickets

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Email Tickets don't show Event Date/Time on RSVP and tickets

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    edgarsourcecode
    Participant

A bit confused why the emailed rsvp and tickets I’m generating through my events do not list the event time and date. That seems like a pretty important thing to include on a ticket….??

Is there a way to include this in the settings or some other way. Events are dictated by date and time but why are they not here?

Thanks,

edgarsourcecode
    Participant

I just noticed this around line 246 of the email.php file. How do I activate it?

$event_date = null;
    				/**
    				 * Filters whether or not the event date should be included in the ticket email.
    				 * @since 4.5.11
    				 * @var bool Include event date? Defaults to false.
    				 * @var int  Event ID
    				 */
    				$include_event_date = apply_filters( 'tribe_tickets_email_include_event_date', false, $event->ID );
    				if ( $include_event_date && function_exists( 'tribe_events_event_schedule_details' ) ) {
    					$event_date = tribe_events_event_schedule_details( $event );
    				}
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out!

The date is not displayed in the ticket email by default, but you can enable it by adding the following to the functions.php file of your child theme:

add_filter( 'tribe_tickets_email_include_event_date', '__return_true' );

Can you give this a try and let me know if it works for you?

Thanks,

Jennifer

edgarsourcecode
    Participant

Placed that code into the functions file of my child theme and it does seem to work. Does this functions.php file need to be in the ‘tribe-events’ folder?

edgarsourcecode
    Participant

Oops, nevermind. It works. I had replaced email.php file to include an additional “Events Description” section in the middle. I reset the file and the event date and time shows in the tickets now.

Perfect, thanks.

What other information can we include in the tickets? Would love to attach a logo or at least widen the email, it’s terribly cramped. Is that possible?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

I’m glad the date and time are working! Really, you can add any other information that you want into the ticket email – you can customize it by doing a template override (which it sounds like you might have done before).

I’m not sure how you would widen the email (you can always add CSS), but you might instead try rearranging things into a more vertical layout, which you can do with the template customization. For a logo, if you want the same one for each ticket, then you can add this into the template. Otherwise, if you add an image in the Settings of the ticket edit section, this should be included in the email.

We are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations, but if you get stuck or have any questions, please let me know – I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Email Tickets don't show Event Date/Time on RSVP and tickets’ is closed to new replies.