Email Template need example

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Email Template need example

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sundco Team
    Participant

I’m looking for a help file about customizing the Community Events email-template.php . Customizing the web page templates is well covered and I’m having no trouble, but the email template is more confusing. There are few fields already there to use as examples, and they’re special like Title and Description – both of which are standard WordPress fields – or special ones like Venue and Organizer.

In particular, I need to add the EventURL and also Custom fields from Pro plugin.

Is there a help file for working on email-template.php file ?

Thank you,

Mark Sund, Studio Director, Sund + Co (Cincinnati USA)

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mark!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

First, please let me note that we are fairly limited in how much support we can give for custom development questions like that.

That said, we always like helping out and at least point users into the right direction as much possible.

If you want to get the event URL, you can do so by using the “tribe_get_event_meta()” helper function like this:

tribe_get_event_meta( $post->ID, '_EventURL', );

On the other hand, the “tribe_get_custom_fields()” function will get you an array of custom fields for an event.

I hope that helps. Let me know if any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Sundco Team
    Participant

Victor,

Thanks for the reply. I added the Event URL line you showed, and after clicking Submit, the browser gave an error message. Here’s a screenshot of the email template and the browser’s error message. (The form still created the draft event, but the website visitor got an error message, and the admin didn’t get an email.)

I don’t need custom development help exactly – the kind of information you’re providing is exactly what I’m looking for. Something that would be in the documentation or knowledge base. That info is already in the KB for the form itself but not the notification email.

But something’s not right about this particular line of code for showing the Event URL in the notification email.

Mark

Mark Sund | Kitchen Manager + Studio Director
    Sund + Co | 115 Main Street | Milford OH 45150 | Cincinnati USA
    http://www.sundco.com

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

We didn’t get the screenshot you mention. Do note that you cannot attach any files to the post if you reply by email. You should be able to attach images and files via the frontend form in our Help Desk.

Reviewing the code I sent, I do realize I added an extra comma to it, so you might want to try the following instead:

tribe_get_event_meta( $post->ID, '_EventURL' );

Does it work for you? Let me know.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Email Template need example’ is closed to new replies.