Email notifications for new and updates events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Email notifications for new and updates events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Neil Heird
    Participant

Hi. I have found a plugin that sends out notifications when new events – custom post types – are created and updated! It’s called Better WordPress Notifications.

However, the notification only pulls in some of the info associated with the event. Specifically, it sends an email that contains the Event Date & Time, Event Title, Event Details (text only) and Event Organizer – but not Event Categories.

Any ideas on why? Given the nature of this project, including Event Categories in this notification is very important.

I am using the Community Events plugin for new event creation and the page can be found at http://oxleyparent.com/portal/events/family/add

Thanks in advance for your help.

George
    Participant

Hey Neil,

There could be several things causing this. I’d encourage you to instead post this support question to the support resources for that notifications plugin itself, but what is likely happening is that the custom Events Category taxonomy is not being looked for by the notifications plugin, and/or it is missing all the extra post metadata tied to “events” (which store a lot of the essential information like start date, time, venue-relationship, etc.).

Definitely reach out to that plugin’s support resources, hopefully they can shed some light on this and offer hep for getting their plugin to pick up all this extra Events data.

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Email notifications for new and updates events’ is closed to new replies.