Email Event notification/Schedule Email event reminder.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Email Event notification/Schedule Email event reminder.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    desical
    Participant

Hi
    We are developing multi site application. Every time a sub site admin creates an event we want to send event notification to the sub site members. We also want to schedule event reminder email. I read about the similar question posted on this forum a year ago (june/August 2015). Has this been added to the functionality now? Do you have any recommendations or custom code/snippet that can accomplish this functionality?
    This is very critical requirement for us.
    Thanks

Nico

Hi there Desical,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Interesting question here, let me say we still don’t have that functionality baked into the plugin but maybe I can help crafting a snippet to accomplish this.

To send an email after the event is created should be fairly easy, just hook to the ‘publish_tribe_events’ (new-status_post-type) action make the needed checks and send email.

Scheduled notifications can be trickier, Can you elaborate a bit more what you expect from this functionality? A simple way can be to set up a cron job via wp_schedule_event to run everyday and check if events will be taking place in the given time (next day for example) and send notifications if needed.

Please let me know your thoughts about this,
    Best,
    Nico

desical
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

desical
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Email Event notification/Schedule Email event reminder.’ is closed to new replies.