Email confirmations not being sent when ordered using plugin.

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Email confirmations not being sent when ordered using plugin.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mono
    Participant

Hi,

We’ve noticed an issue where any tickets purchased on our site through the plugin often do not send out email confirmations or copies of confirmations. Tickets purchased via the main EventBrite site send out the confirmations as normal. This is replicated across multiple events, users and email addresses.

I have to log on to the EventBrite site to manually resend email confirmations, but am only aware of issues after users query why it’s missing. Even then, it still fails to resend copies of the confirmations to my own address.

I’ve searched through both the plugin support and EventBrite support but have not been able to find mention of this issue, and can’t find any conflicts that would cause a confirmation failure on both the plugin and directly through EB. All my settings, notification options etc. across both the plugin and EB site appear correct.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated, as obviously the usefulness for us is severely limited if we cannot guarantee that tickets are being sent out for our events.

Geoff

Hey @mono,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the issue here with email confirmations!

It’s a little tough to diagnose because Eventbrite Tickets actually doesn’t play any role in sending emails for Eventbrite. While it does sync events between WordPress and Eventbrite, the actual ticket transaction take place entirely in Eventbrite, including the email communications such as purchase confirmations and event reminders.

I hate to simply send you towards Eventbrite support but I think that’s probably the best route here. That is, unless you have some sort of other integration with Eventbrite that allows you to send your own purchase confirmation and event reminder emails. Is that the case?

Thanks!
    Geoff

mono
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the response.

Yeah, that’s pretty much as I feared… There’s no additional integration in place to mess with it, just the plugin itself.

I’d figured it was more than a coincidence that it only seemed to happen with orders placed through the wordpress plugin, but it could be something up with their API (or how I’m using it), so will poke around on their support pages.

Thanks anyway!

Geoff

My pleasure! Sorry I don;t have an answer for you right out of the gate, but I’ll leave this thread open a while in case something comes back that we can help answer–and, of course, we’d be happy to. 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Email confirmations not being sent when ordered using plugin.’ is closed to new replies.