Email Alert Customization

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Email Alert Customization

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Ethan
    Participant

Email alerts are great when an event is added. Is there is a way add more info to the email that the admin or even the submitter receives? Like the venue address, phone, web? Changing the text of the subject line?

Barry

Hi Ethan,

This is basically similar to this topic – the problem is that, right now, the email alerts are not easy to customize.

If you’re feeling adventurous you could set up a wp_mail filter and customize things that way, but I wouldn’t really recommend that unless this customization is essential.

What I have done however is log this for our dev team as an area needing attention and you can definitely suggest making the emails more customizable over on our UserVoice pages, too, if you want – that way other users can also show their support for this and we can gauge how much of a priority it is.

Thanks!

Ethan
    Participant

Ok. I’ve put in a suggestion. In the meantime, can you please let me know where in the plugin the Email Alert portion is coded so that I can take a look?

Barry

Sure – if you see my reply in this thread there is a note of just that.

Please do note however that we don’t generally recommend modifications be made directly to core plugin code and can’t offer support for any problems that arise from doing so.

Ethan
    Participant

Ok, thank you very much. Thanks for your word of warning on modifying the plugin. I have taken precautions and have backed up original files.
    I was able to go in and add a couple of things to the email. Namely, Organizer Phone and Email. However, I’m having trouble getting the Organizer Website to show up. I know the get function for the website is tribe_get_organizer_link, but it seems to be coded slightly different than the phone and email.

Any help would be appreciated.

Barry

Can you share your code (don’t paste directly in the forum, though, please use Pastebin, Gist or another similar service) – thanks!

Ethan
    Participant

Thanks for the response. Here is the link to the code: http://pastebin.com/rVQmtf2J

I’m specifically looking for help with the section indicated by: /* Does not work 🙁 */

Thanks

Barry

OK, so you are basically echoing out text instead of returning it – so it is never included in the string. Try changing:

tribe_get_organizer_link( tribe_get_event_meta( $post->ID, '_EventOrganizerID', true ) )

To:

tribe_get_organizer_link( tribe_get_event_meta( $post->ID, '_EventOrganizerID', true ), true, false )

Ethan
    Participant

Thanks, Barry. That get’s me one step closer. It is now adding the link to the email. However, rather than just displaying a linked text like, “http://website.com”, it displays the user’s name, which is linked and will go to the site the user entered.

Any way to make it display the website’s name rather than the user’s name?

Many thanks.

Ethan
    Participant

Just to clarify, I would like for it to display the actual website “link” that the user typed in. (Not the website’s “name”, as specified above.)

Barry

How about something like this?

esc_url(tribe_get_event_meta( tribe_get_event_meta( $post->ID, '_EventOrganizerID', true ), '_OrganizerWebsite', true ));

Ethan
    Participant

This is great, Barry! It works perfectly. Thanks!

I’ve got one more thing I’d like to add to the email – the full venue address. I was looking around in the code and there seems to be a get function for the full address (i.e. tribe_get_full_address). But I’m not able to get it to output the address to the email.

Many thanks.

Barry

Can you share your code for that?

Barry

Hi Ethan – do you need any further help here?

Barry

I’ll close this thread since I’m guessing you’re all good here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Email Alert Customization’ is closed to new replies.