Edit/Re-Import/Delete All Facebook Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Edit/Re-Import/Delete All Facebook Events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Adam
    Participant

I imported a very large series of Facebook events to my site to then discover that all of the times were wrong. I noticed that my Time Zone had not been set in my general settings. I fixed that and re-imported another event and it appears to have solved the problem.

The new issue is now I have a large series of FB events that all have the wrong date. I was wondering if there is any way to fix this. Maybe with any of the following three options:

1) Mass Edit Times in order to adjust for timezone

2) A way to re-import the events so they update to the correct times. When I access the FB import they are faded and unable to interact with. I was hoping maybe there was a way to unclick and reclick the events in order to update their status.

3) I have other events that I gathered from my live website. These other events are primarily past events in an archive so when I move this new staging live Google does not think I have stripped my site of all the previous events. I used the CSV importer to do this and if needed I can delete all those events and re-import them unless there is a way to target just the FB uploaded events just delete all of those.

Also if I delete all of these events will the Facebook Importer then allow me to re-upload all of these events or will they continue to be checked and faded out – esentailly making me lose all of these events unless I want to type them back in by hand.

Lastly, if you have some type of alternate solution then what I mentioned to fix all of these times while still being able to keep all of the events on my site that would be AWESOME!

I am open to using PhpMyAdmin if we need to access the database for any solution you have. I will just need instructions on what to do.

Geoff

Hello Adam, nice to see you again today!

First off, nice work on figuring out a solution to the timezone issue. Timezones can be so tricky with any site, so the fact that you got that resolved is awesome. 🙂

Yes, if you move the events that have already been imported to the trash and empty the trash, the Facebook Events importer will allow you to re-import those events. That’s probably the best and most efficient route, so you’re right on track.

I’m always a fan of backing the database up before making sweeping changes, so I’d recommend doing that just in case you need to roll anything back. 🙂

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hi Adam! This thread’s been quiet for a couple of weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to start a new thread if any other questions pop up here and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Edit/Re-Import/Delete All Facebook Events’ is closed to new replies.