Editor left several Event post windows opened and I was shut down by my host.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Editor left several Event post windows opened and I was shut down by my host.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    karen
    Participant

I have a question and maybe you can push this file into the right hands so I can get an explanation of some kind.
    As you know I am not a web guru, but have had my site shut down twice due to my editor inadvertently leaving a bunch of events posts in the edit window opened.
    Please see log files. IF you can be of help please let me know. I do not know if this is the way every wordpress post works, but it just seems that ONLY when posting events do we get shut down for unnecessary pinging the server.
    Thanks

Rob

Hi Karen. Just a heads up that I’ve got Jonah looking at this now; if he can’t figure it out, we’ll run it up the flagpole here until we can get you an answer that is of some substance.

karen
    Participant

Rob, either your people are stumped, found a problem or just ignoring the issue. Now, The log file that I sent to you, and the reason the website was shut down was entirely our fault. (My editor is new at this than I).He had several windows open for editing.
    However, my concern is that, even while editing one event, there may be some pinging of the server that is not or should not be there. it is hard for me to understand that while editing an event there could be so much wear and tear on a server. All I am asking is: What is actually going on to cause this GET PUT business when the files are not actively being saved. Mostly just curious. Perhaps that information may help get me an answer of some sort. I just do not want to make this mistake again. OR maybe this shouldn’t be happening at all.
    thanks!

karen
    Participant

yes, thank you. I will be patient.

Rob

Awesome. Thanks; as yours is in the next batch to be addressed, I expect we’ll have an answer very shortly.

Joey Kudish

Hi Karen,

I’m the dev that Rob passed the issue along to. I am trying to make sense of the error/issues you are experiencing but I am not 100% sure I understood from your explanation what is going on. I’ve also asked Rob to send along the log file that you sent him, so that I could take a look.

* What exactly are the errors or issues you are seeing? Can you provide us with screenshots or anything that could better show the situation?
    * Who is your host?
    * When your host shut down your site, did they say why?

I’ve subscribed myself to this forum post and I’ll respond as soon as I hear back from you or when I receive the log files from Rob.

Thanks
    Joey

Joey Kudish

Hi Karen,

Rob sent me you log files and I’ve taken a look at them. As best as I can tell the activity you are seeing is absolutely normal and nothing out of the ordinary or that would suggest an issue with our plugin. Just to clarify/explain: the logs show all the traffic on your server – they don’t show any kind of error.

I am also not convinced that working on events would have a correlation with getting your site shut down; that seems odd.

I’d like to ask again: Who is your host? and when your host shut down your site, did they say why?

I don’t mean to dismiss your issue, but it sounds like something that would be best addressed with your host as opposed to with us. But please let us know if/how we can be of help.

Best regards,
    Joey

karen
    Participant

Hi Joey,
    I am often caught between a rock and a hard place. Like getting a car mechanic not to throw wool over my eyes. My host is: InMotionHosting. it is a Shared server, and they get pretty pissy, if you use too many resources. I would like it if you could contact them directly to see what the issue is here. I am considering trying another host when my term runs out. thanks for your help.

Rob

Hi Karen. Thanks for the follow-up here. We discussed this at our internal dev meeting today, and we’re unfortunately just not in a position to provide this degree of support on the plugin. While we’re always willing to do what we can here on the forums, when it comes to reaching out to hosts or doing work directly we’re not equipped to handle that as a distributed team behind a $50 plugin.

I’m really sorry we can’t offer up anything more here. If your host has any questions specific to the install or code of Events Calendar PRO, I would definitely be happy to provide them with that and answer any configuration questions they may have. But contacting another host and working with them on an issue as deep as this is unfortunately not possible.

Let me know if you have any other questions here. Thanks in advance for understanding.

karen
    Participant

I understand, don’t agree but understand. I would have thought it would have been in your best interest. the host apparently believes that the pings it is getting are possible attacks.

karen
    Participant

Rob,
    If any other editors out there are as technophobic as mine, it will happen again to someone other than me, unless I just have a really lame Host provider, but I don’t think so. I will wait for that time.

Rob

I promise you that I’ll re-open this issue and bring you back into the fray when it arises again. Because such an issue would definitely be working out if we could identify a pattern/source related to the calendar plugin. Let me know if you need anything else for your site in the meantime. Thanks again for understanding, Karen.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Editor left several Event post windows opened and I was shut down by my host.’ is closed to new replies.