Editor Has no Permissions

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Editor Has no Permissions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

I am running a multi-site, and for some reason the editor has no permissions to add/edit events (the admin can). What is stranger is that in the Event Calendar Network settings, I have no options even as a super admin. Otherwise everything is working perfectly.

Josh
    Participant

Hello anthony,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We use custom capabilities for the different functions within the plugin. So the ability to “Add Event” or “Edit Event” can be added to different Roles within WordPress such as the Editor role. A great way to manage these capabilities would be to use a plugin such as the Members plugin. With this plugin, you can add the needed capabilities associated with using the calendar that you would like to add for Editors on your site.

To my knowledge, the reason you’re not seeing options at a global level for your network is due to the fact that the settings for the calendar are controlled within each individual site on your network.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

So, the plugin didn’t work. Here were the roles that I found, are these all the roles required?

$role_object->add_cap( ‘edit_tribe_event’ );
    $role_object->add_cap( ‘read_tribe_venue’ );
    $role_object->add_cap( ‘read_tribe_event’ );
    $role_object->add_cap( ‘read_tribe_organizer’ );

Thank you,
    Anthony

Josh
    Participant

Hello anthony,

Thanks for following up with us! You can see all capabilities assigned to administrators starting here. You can then take the necessary capabilities and assign them to the roles that you would like to have those capabilities.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks!

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Alright, I’m an idiot. I swear I double check that the user was an editor, turns out upon triple checking they weren’t. Thank you for your help this link will still prove to be useful.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Shoot, I meant to mark this as resolved.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Josh
    Participant

Hello anthony,

No problem! Glad you were able to get your issue resolved.

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

– Josh

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Editor Has no Permissions’ is closed to new replies.