Editing the "Page" that the calendar appears on?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Editing the "Page" that the calendar appears on?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rappnews
    Participant

Okay. I think I have finally figured out that ECP dynamically generates a sort of archive page to display the calendar on. The otherwise excellent theme we use (Magazine Premium – themes.bavotasan.com) offers an admin option when creating a page (or post) to make it either full-width or to use the sidebars/main content setup we have as the site-wide default. All of which I translate to mean that the theme ALSO dynamically generates each page, although I might not be putting that correctly.

So if I wanted to display the calendar page at full-width, using this theme, any idea where to begin looking? I’m not a coder, just a ham-handed hacker when necessary, so if anyone can tell me where to start I would be most grateful. Just in case, I am also posting a similar question on the theme developer’s support forum.

(And yes, I’ve tried switching the default calendar template from Default Page Template to Default Events Template and back again, but the events calendar always displays with the two sidebars — which are absolutely necessary in the rest of the site, but which we can do without on the calendar page. Also, a funny thing: I have a new — fully responsive — version of the same theme running on a dev site, and if I choose Use Default Events Template on THAT site, the calendar displays full-width, with the sidebars below it. Which is what I want. Except I need to understand why the Default Events Template doesn’t do this in the current live site.)
    Thanks for any advice.

Barry

It’s odd that that does not happen when you use the Default Events Template on your live site – I’m guessing either that an additional sidebar is set up in the theme’s header.php or footer.php template (if it has those) or else perhaps you have enabled caching and are seeing a cached version of the page?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Editing the "Page" that the calendar appears on?’ is closed to new replies.