Editing single venues

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Editing single venues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

Hi,

I created my own template to display the venues, however each individual venue had extra components such as a #legend bar and a section that is titled And I’m guessing this is where relevant events should be displayed – however instead of events then there is a post of the same venue.

Example: Venue listing for Victoria Gardens shows information, images, map, contact information, and a featured post at the bottom of the Victoria Gardens…

How can I change it to show related events?
    I’ve looked in all the venue files that I can think of, however if you know of any solutions, that would be very helpful ๐Ÿ™‚

Dulcie

Barry

Hi Steve/Dulcie,

I’m not really clear on what you are trying to achieve. Do you mean that you have overridden and customized the default single venue template? If so, what are you trying to remove and what are you trying to add? The default venue page already lists all upcoming events at that venue – so when you refer to adding related events do you mean events that are related by some other criteria?

Thanks!

Steve
    Participant

Hi,

I haven’t altered the venue file within the web documents, however my venues do not show upcoming events at the bottom – instead they show a ‘featured view’ of the current venue. Which is obviously pointless.

I would like to show upcoming events – and am not sure as to what bit of code needs changing, or how this happened in the first place.

My single events also show upcoming events at the bottom – but only show the same events. Very frustrating indeed, and I would like to know how I can change this.

Cheers

Dulcie

Barry

I’m feeling slightly confused here, between these two comments from your first and second posts respectively:

I created my own template to display the venues

I havenโ€™t altered the venue file within the web documents

I also note that when you opened this thread you indicated you had tried disabling all other plugins and switched to a default, unmodified theme: in that situation and with no customizations in place did this problem still occur?

If not, are you or were you able to isolate the problem either to your theme, the presence of another plugin or else a customization you made?

Thanks for clarifying!

Steve
    Participant

I created a template to display ALL venues. For a venue list. To do this I didn’t need to alter any of the files related to the plugin.

I haven’t altered anything applied to displaying ONE SINGLE VENUE.

I have not been able to isolate the problem – I have no idea why this is happening – hence me coming onto the support forum ๐Ÿ™‚

Barry

Hi Steve – thanks for clarifying. If this is only a problem in the sense that your customization isn’t working as expected however then I’m afraid we can’t help you here – it’s up to you to resolve any customization issues.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Steve. As itโ€™s been more than a couple of weeks since your last post, Iโ€™m going to close this thread. Please feel free to open a new one if you choose to pursue this further.

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Editing single venues’ is closed to new replies.