Editing single event template

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Editing single event template

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Neil Heird
    Participant

Hi. I would like to add a button to all single event pages. Right now, I have enabled the Google Calendar and iCal import options for all events, so when a user clicks on the event link, they see the Google Calendar and iCal Import buttons below the event details text.

How can I:

1. Add a third button to appear inline with the other 2 that takes users back to the calendar page, or another URL?
    1.a. and be responsive

2. create a custom template for the single event page so that when the plugin is updated, the custom template isn’t removed or affected.

thanks in advance for your help.

George
    Participant

Hey Neil,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We don’t offer support for customizations here, so the best we can do is point you in the right direction on how to implement what you want, but fortunately that should be fairly simple to do.

I’ll answer your questions in reverse order – to learn how to make an update-agnostic template for any of the plugin’s views, check out our official Themer’s Guide here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

When it comes to adding links to the iCal and gCal export links, you have two different methods of doing this. First, you could look for the ‘tribe_events_single_event_after_the_content’ action in various public calendar views, and manually add custom HTML for your links after this. Or, you could edit plugin code directly, and find the single_event_links() function, and manually add code here.

I hope this information helps!

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Editing single event template’ is closed to new replies.