Editing recurring events with Additional Fields are blank
I discovered that recurring events with additional fields were blank when using the Community Edit screen.
Steps to recreate problem:
– add additional fields to the Event Calendar e.g. a text box;
– create a recurring event (e.g. an event that happens 2 Fridays in a row) using the Community edit-event screen and include a value in the additional field
– edit the 2nd event in the series using the Community edit-event screen —> the additional field value is blank
– edit the 1st event in the series using the Community edit-event screen —> the additional field value is visible
– additional fields are visible in all events in the series when editing using the WordPress admin post edit view
Additional fields are being retrieved using the $post->ID in the Community/modules/custom.php file – is there an easy way to figure out:
– if the post is part of a recurring event series
– if so grab the parent ID
– and then use that ID instead?
Also edits in these events are not being saved to the entire series when using the Community edit screens.
That definitely looks like a bug, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
We’ll certainly get a fix on the works (you’re pretty much nailing the fix/reasoning for at least the first half of this, with regards to needing to use the parent post ID) and will strive to update this thread as soon as we’ve got something substantive to report.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime 🙂
I just wanted to let you all know that we have been working diligently on a fix for this issue. Our next release will be available soon and should correct this problem. Please keep an eye on your Plugins and Updates pages for a version update. If you are still having problems after updating, please start a new thread with the details and we can assist you.
As we worked on our upcoming version 3.7 we looked into this issue. Non of our staff were able to reproduce the problem you reported, so we are hoping that the issue was fixed in a previous release. If you are still seeing the issue please start another thread so we can look into it again. Thank you for your patience and support.