Editing Attendee details after ticket has been bought…again

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Editing Attendee details after ticket has been bought…again

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    William Lee
    Participant

How do I go about getting the version of Event Tickets Plus that allows attendees to edit their info after purchasing. Geoff said to roll back the plugin, but I just bought the plugin. Can you point me to the earlier version with this capability? This is a must-have feature for my client as attendees often need to add to their guest list after purchasing tickets.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/editing-attendee-details-after-ticket-has-been-bought-2/

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi William,

This feature is actually part of a free extension (Attendee Data Editor) that lets you edit attendee info after the ticket has been purchased. You can download it here, but as Geoff mentioned in the post you referenced, it is not currently up to date with the latest versions of our plugins.

Our extensions are free add-ons that we create to add some additional features whenever we can, but they are technically not supported. However, we do try our best to keep them up to date and fix issues with them when they do crop up. Until then, you can downgrade Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus to versions 4.5.7 and 4.5.6 respectively to get this working again.

I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer for you at the moment, but I hope this helps for the time being! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

William Lee
    Participant

Oh my. That’s disappointing to hear. I think I’ll need to go ahead and
    request a refund on my recent purchase of the pro calendar and the tickets
    plus addon.

Will

William Lee
    Participant

So…do I need to do something specific to get a refund?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi William,

I think I misread what you were looking for initially…we have an extension that allows admins to edit user data from the backend, but typically users should be able to edit their own info on the front end (no extension required – this article has some more details on how this works). There is a bug with this feature at the moment, but the good news is that the fix is currently in development and should be released soon. Hopefully this will be in the next couple weeks, but I cannot commit to a definite timeline, as it still needs to go through testing.

If you would still like to go ahead with the refund, that is no problem at all – just let me know and I can process it for you.

Either way, I’ve linked this thread to our internal ticket for this issue, so as soon as the fix is released, we’ll let you know here.

William Lee
    Participant

Hey, Jennifer. Thanks for the info. That will certainly be a useful extension when it’s ready. Unfortunately, my client needs this capability…now. 🙂

Let’s go ahead and move forward with the refund. We’ll be using a different system for the time being. Thank you.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

No problem, I just processed it for you. Just to clarify, the extension is for editing fields on the admin side, and the ability for users to edit their own info from the front end is a built-in feature (it’s just unfortunately not working at the moment – we’ll post an update here when it’s fixed).

If there’s anything else that I can help with, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jennifer

William Lee
    Participant

Thanks. I also need a refund for the Pro version. I only purchased it for this project, and we’ve moved away from The Events Calendar altogether for the time being.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

William Lee
    Participant

Thanks!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Not a problem! If there’s anything else that we can help with in the future, please don’t hesitate to reach out 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release —> https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-25-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Editing Attendee details after ticket has been bought…again’ is closed to new replies.