Edit meta.php, /meta/text.php

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Edit meta.php, /meta/text.php

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Hello there,

I am currently modifying the rsvp form and followed the Themer’s Guide to replace the rsvp.php with my own version in my Theme’s folder. That all works. But now I want to modify the meta.php (where it loads the custom attendee info fields) and also the field type specific template files (text.php, checkbox.php …) .
    The Themer’s guide tells me to put a copy of meta.php directly in my tribe-events folder. However, that has no effect. Also when I try to place in in the tribe-events/tickets/ folder, it doesn’t work.

Where exactly do I have to place the meta.php and the files inside the meta folder for them to override the default ones?
    Thanks in advance!

Best,
    Frank

Elizabeth
    Participant

We ran into the same issue, and it is a confirmed bug. See our thread here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/cannot-override-select-php/

Cliff

Thanks for helping here, Elizabeth.

Frank, they shared what worked for them at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/cannot-override-select-php/#post-1223998 but we have not confirmed that as the ultimate fix.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Frank
    Participant

Any news on this? Our customers are getting a little impatient with this issue. Is there a fix in sight or should I try to implement something on my own?

Thanks for the info.

Cliff

Frank, this hasn’t been resolved yet. Once it is resolved, this thread should receive an update. At this time, I do not have any idea what timeframe to expect the fix in.

However, if you’d like, you might try coding the fix yourself. (Directly editing the plugin’s files is usually not advisable but is unavoidable for this temporary situation.)

I’ve been told this might be the solution for such a fix for v4.4.2 of Event Tickets Plus: replace Line 222 of /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Meta/Field/Abstract_Field.php with something that loads from your theme directory instead, if the override file exists.

Sorry again about this bug.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 24 July 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-24-july-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Edit meta.php, /meta/text.php’ is closed to new replies.