Edit List View title meta tags (not working since update)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Edit List View title meta tags (not working since update)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Annette
    Participant

Hi,
    A while back you gave me instructions on how to edit list view meta tags title. https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/edit-list-view-meta-tags-title-and-description/. I hasn’t worked since I updated to the latest version. Could you please let me know what needs to be changed to make it work again? <title>Events Archive – Southeast Idaho</title> doesn’t help our search engine listing.
    /**
    * Defines alternative titles for various event views.
    * @param string $title
    * @return string
    */
    function filter_events_title( $title ) {

// List view page: upcoming events
    if ( tribe_is_upcoming() && ! is_tax() ) {
    $title = ‘Idaho Events Calendar – Fun Things To Do In Southeast Idaho High Country’;
    }

return $title;
    }
    /**
    * Modifes the event <title> element.
    * Users of Yoast’s SEO plugin may wish to try replacing the below line with:
    * add_filter(‘wpseo_title’, ‘filter_events_title’ );
    */
    add_filter( ‘tribe_events_title_tag’, ‘filter_events_title’ );

Thanks so much!
    Ann

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Ann,

I would love to help you with this.

We are actually working on an extension to help outright support some of Yoast’s features, including their custom <title> tags. Here is the latest beta version of it:

The Events Calendar Extension: Yoast Integration

If you download that and install it like any other plugin, it will add support for Yoast’s title on our archive view. So whatever custom title you have set in the Yoast > Titles & Meta for “Events” will now be used as the <title> on Events pages. Does that sound like a solution for your issue here?

Cheers!

– Brook

Annette
    Participant

PERFECT!!!
    Thanks so much for the continuous improvements to your great plugins! It is so nice to have a company that listens and acts on customer requests.
    Ann

Brook
    Participant

That is excellent news! I really appreciate your feedback, I shared it with the folks who help out with feature requests.

Please let us know if you ever need anything else. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Edit List View title meta tags (not working since update)’ is closed to new replies.