Edit Find Out More button

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Edit Find Out More button

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mark
    Participant

When looking at my page, you will see that we have schedule events daily. Currently the “Find Out More” button will take the user to another page about the event.

We added text link that says TAKE THIS ONLINE CLASS, but it would be better if we could replace the FIND OUT MORE button with TAKE THIS CLASS ONLINE and have that link out.

Each new button (TAKE THIS CLASS ONLINE) would need to link out to specific URL that would unique to each event, and remain the same when recurring happens.

For example:
    MONDAY 10AM BOXING CLASS would be the exact same every MONDAY at 10AM, so the TAKE THIS CLASS ONLINE button would have the same link out URL for the MONDAY 10AM BOXING CLASS, but different from all the other classes.

Does this make sense?

Lastly, I want to remove the text: |Recurring Event (See all). As you can see on our page, the “|Recurring Event” text blends in with the background, and you can’t even see it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help on this!

mark
    Participant
    Geoff

Hey Mark,

Absolutely, that’s totally possible! I would suggest overriding the list/single-event.php template to make that happen. You can learn more about overriding calendar templates in our Themer’s Guide, but it basically boils down to this:

• Make a copy of the single-event.php template. It is located at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/list/single-event.php
    • Make a new folder in your theme called tribe-events
    • Make a new folder in that one called list
    • Drop your copied single-event.php file in that last folder

Now that the template is in your theme, you can modify it to suit your needs. In this case, change the “Find out more” text with your custom text.

You will need to do a bit more custom work to make the link go somewhere somewhere else. One idea might be to use the Event Website URL field in the event editor:

Then, you could change the URL in the template so that it uses tribe_get_event_website_url() instead of tribe_get_event_link(). That will take a little work on your end, but I hope that at least helps get the ball rolling!

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Oh! I forgot to answer your question about removing the recurring event text.You can do that by adding something like this to your theme’s style.css file or on the Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS screen:

.tribe-events-list .tribe-events-loop .tribe-events-event-meta .recurringinfo {
    display: none;
    }

Cheers!
    Geoff

mark
    Participant

Thanks Geoff!

I really want to redirect that button so can you give me a little me insight on how to:

“You will need to do a bit more custom work to make the link go somewhere else.”

mark
    Participant

…or do you know where I would go to, “change the URL in the template so that it uses tribe_get_event_website_url() instead of tribe_get_event_link().”

mark
    Participant

…or do you know where I would go to, “change the URL in the template so that it uses tribe_get_event_website_url() instead of tribe_get_event_link().”

I am a Pro user, so the “single-event.php” is already in my theme.

Geoff

Hi Mark,

Thanks for following up!

You will find the the following in the template:

<div class="tribe-events-list-event-description tribe-events-content">
    <?php echo tribe_events_get_the_excerpt( null, wp_kses_allowed_html( 'post' ) ); ?>
    <a href="<?php echo esc_url( tribe_get_event_link() ); ?>" class="tribe-events-read-more" rel="bookmark"><?php esc_html_e( 'Find out more', 'the-events-calendar' ) ?> &raquo;</a>
    </div><!-- .tribe-events-list-event-description -->

Again, you may need to play with this a bit on your own, but you should be able to switch out…

tribe_get_event_link() for tribe_get_event_website_url()

Then, that will allow you to use the Website URL field in the event editor to redirect the link to the place of your choice.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Edit Find Out More button’ is closed to new replies.