Edit Existing Community Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Edit Existing Community Events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    savoryglobal
    Participant

We have our community events creation open to the public. We have 100’s of people that need to be able to create events and we can’t/aren’t going to create or monitor them for these people. Also, we don’t want to have edit them for people either after they’re created. So, that leads me to my question:

Is there a way for a person that has created a community event to go back and edit it later without access to our wordpress account. Do we have to turn on “register” for accounts within the Community Events plugin?

Thanks!

Cliff

Hi, Sarah.

Thanks for your detailed question.

Yes because when a visitor is logged-in when they create an Event, Organizer, or Venue via the Community Events form, they are assigned as the author of that event in the WordPress database.

A logged-in user’s list of created Events is available at your-site-com/events/community/list/, which pulls the Events of which they are the author.

If an Event was created by an Anonymous submission, their account won’t be the author and therefore won’t show up in their your-site-com/events/community/list/ if they do later create an account.

I hope this clears things up. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Edit Existing Community Events’ is closed to new replies.