Edit & delete Events disappeared for users

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Edit & delete Events disappeared for users

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bodin
    Participant

Hi,

for some strange reason the rights for a User to edit or delete their posted Event in the Community Events disappeared.
    The settings in Community Events under Members allows users to Edit their submissions and Remove their submissions.

I’ve disabled the above, saved and then enabled and saved again. Does not seem to help.

Anything else I can do?

Thank you in advance!

Barry

That’s strange – what do you actually see when you visit the My Events page (normally found at example.com/events/community/list)?

bodin
    Participant

I see the Events listed as expected, with the exception that beneath each Event, there is only “View” and not Edit or Delete.

I had to download a plugin with the name “Capability Manager Enhanced” where I for the role Subscriber had to add enable a capability called “Edit published” in order for the subscribers to WordPress that get access in the Community Events to add meetings.

Barry

OK – this seems to work for the majority of our users and certainly does for me when I test on my own installation. Normally also there is no need to use another plugin to allow subscriber-role users to submit events.

So it’s possible this problem could be the result of something else and we can investigate that if you like or – if you are happy with your current solution using Capability Manager Enhanced – we can leave things at that.

Barry

Hi Bodin – are you happy/need further support on this one?

Barry

(Closing this thread – if you need further help please create a new one.)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Edit & delete Events disappeared for users’ is closed to new replies.