EDD Tickets and shortcodes

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus EDD Tickets and shortcodes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andy Fragen

I’m trying to use an EDD shortcode to display only EDD Ticket items in a page.

The shortcode is as follows.

[downloads category="ticket" columns=3]

Nothing was showing and the solution was provided on EDD forums.

I’d like to be able to limit the display to only events whose end date has not passed and/or whose end date for ticket sales has not passed.

Andy Fragen

I think somehow refashioning the $query to pick up event end date and EDD’s meta_key might do the trick.

Andy Fragen

There is an inherent problem with the filter code. If you use the downloads shortcode in any other page then no downloads will display.

My solution was to create a link to the appropriate category for upcoming events. The user will then click on the event to purchase using the EDD Tickets interface.

Andy Fragen

I’m getting closer but I need to know if there’s a filter hook to only get upcoming events.

Andy Fragen

Here’s the solution. Create a new category of the download as “Expired”. Once the event is over, add that category to the download. Here’s the shortcode.

[downloads category="ticket" exclude_category="expired" columns="3" order="ASC" orderby="post_date"]

Leah

Thanks for posting your solution Andy! Sorry we didn’t get back to you sooner.

Cheers,
    Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘EDD Tickets and shortcodes’ is closed to new replies.