ECP2.0.10 – tribe-get-events upcoming problem

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ECP2.0.10 – tribe-get-events upcoming problem

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Nico
    Participant

I still get todays past events when using the code given in the documentation. It seems ‘upcoming’ is only checking the date and not the time? Same goes for the AdvancedWidget.
    How can I simply add an event_get_end_date check including h:m in the code, best as part of the tribe_get_events function.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Nico,

Can you paste a sample of the code you are working with to: http://snippi.com/ – so I can try it out?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Nico
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    Thanks for taking a look, snippet is at http://snippi.com/s/vkd79rq

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Nico,

It looks like there something wrong with the custom counter code you are using in the query. When I remove this part of the code, the query returns results for me. What are you using this for? You’ll need to remove this code or work on debugging it. Good luck!

– Jonah

Nico
    Participant

Jonah,
    The counter is just to limit the number of results shown, you can set it at anything you want prior this code. I will try with the counter removed but doubt the results will change.
    Note that I do get an output only the upcoming events are also shown when the TIME has past, eg event ends at 1500 hours it will shown until midnight of that day.

I’ll have a look tomorrow, it’s now bedtime at 0100.

Nico
    Participant

Jonah,
    It is still not working correct. I have added an upcoming event to my site at 11:42 UTC (12:42 Local) which should go away at 13:00LT. It is still listed after that time.
    my site http://www.weerstationmaurik.nl/
    the event is visible in the left column with the heading “Evenementen”, first one label “testing hourly events”. If you select it you can see the end-time is passed already.
    My site is running on UTC+1 hour from the WordPress settings.

Nico
    Participant

Reporting further;
    The end-time has now passed. The event is still listed as upcoming, also the “Events List Advanced Widget” is showing this event (refer sidebar bottom where I have added this widget).
    If I click on the “Testing hourly event” item the single event page will be shown with the note that the event has passed (in dutch).

I hope someone can give me a hand on this, either by fixing the upcoming logic or give me a clue how to add a ‘end-time’-test to the code. My code snippet is a few posts down from this one.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Nico,

Where on your page is your code displaying results? I see the Upcoming Events widget but I don’t see any past events in it. I need a very specific example to look at to troubleshoot, along with the exact code you are currently working with. Ideally you can give me an example of an event or events to create in my own setup and test against your code. So, should I work with the code you posted above? What dates/times for events should I input to test against this?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Nico
    Participant

Jonah,
    Thanks for checking; also the Upcoming Events widget is wrong.
    The first event is from today 0010 till 0030, it’s now 2043 and still showing (normally until midnight).
    I will updat this event every night so that it will be the first and you can see it still shows. The event is called ‘Testing Hourly Event’ inside the widget (first shown).
    My code is still the same as given earlier and showing the same behaviour as the widget. My code result can be found as indicated on the picture linked here http://www.weerstationmaurik.nl/Capture.JPG

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Nico,

Let’s stick to one issue in this thread – for the other issue, please open another thread.

You said you are seeing past events when using your code in the Events widget but I do not see any past events there nor do I see any past events returned via the query when I use your code in my setup. I need some specific examples of where/when past events are displayed using your code.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Nico
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    Did you checked the picture in the link above with the website?
    Did you see the first event? What if you clicked it?
    I think this might be a timezone thing. I’ve added this event 23hrs ago and it lapsed within the first hour of today but still shows when I view it. Up until our local midnight.
    This is repeatable with any event I create which lapses during today, it will show until midnight and thus the date change.
    Just mentioned the widget because it might be easier to debug from your side.
    Anyway thanks for trying.

Jonah
    Participant

I see two events for Dec. 14th and when I click either one of them, the dates on the single event pages looks fine too. I need more details about what the actual issue is or an example of how to reproduce to be able to troubleshoot this further.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Nico
    Participant

Jonah,
    That was correct, you caught it at midnight.
    I have added an event which last just 10minutes from 0005-0015. If you look again you will see it is still there. Time now is 0035 at my place.

So to answer the question I have added an event today which was starting within 5minutes from adding and only lasting for 10minutes. It will show up until midnight today, eg over 23 hours.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Nico,

Ok, apparently we do have some issues with how we are handling multi day cutoffs and these will be fixed in 3.0. For now I would suggest referencing this thread which provides some possible fixes: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/single-day-view-displaying-past-day-events/

I hope that helps!

– Jonah

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘ECP2.0.10 – tribe-get-events upcoming problem’ is closed to new replies.