ECP settings page not updating

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ECP settings page not updating

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    tobak
    Participant

Simply put, the settings page for ECP in wordpress seems to accept changes, but never updates to reflect this fact. It’s stuck on displaying my old settings while actually applying the new ones.

I have disabled all plugins, reverted to standard theme. No difference. This was not an issue with the free version of EC.

It’s not a huge problem at the moment (as the actual functionality seems intact), but the settings page displaying false information is obviously not a good thing.

Kevin
    Participant

I’m having the same issues.

I downloaded the plugin today 2016-05-20 including the PRO version and having the same issues saving settings.

I can save the settings, and they apply and get used functionally, but they don’t display/keep on the settings page.

This is slightly annoying because if I go to update any single setting in the settings page I have to remember to update ALL of the settings to what I last had them set, unless they essentially re-set.

Not urgent at the moment but as I migrate my clients site to live (where they can update settings) it will be an issue.

Would love a fix.

Josh
    Participant

Hey!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

This definitely does sound like an annoying issue to be facing. I’m trying to recreate on my local install but am unable to replicate the issues currently with the latest versions of the plugin. I can update the settings and they impact the front-end of the site as expected as well as maintain the new settings upon refreshing the admin page.

Are there specific settings or a specific settings pages that you’re having the issue on? Also, would y’all both mind adding the system information from the Help tab on your sites as a private reply here.

Thanks!

Jacob
    Participant

I’m having the same issue! I have the latest version of EC and the pro version installed.

Kevin
    Participant

System details attached.

Wordpress: 4.5.2
    Events Calendar: 4.1.4
    Events Calendar Pro: 4.1.3

local MAMP server.

Issue happens in Safari as well as with a duplicate install on a live web server.

It’s specifically the ‘Display’ tab/page within the Events Calendar settings page. None of the settings on this tab/page will display the updated/current values.

Nothing private about them, so here’s the system information from the help tab:

HOME URL
    http://bookstore:8888
    SITE URL
    http://bookstore:8888
    INSTALL KEYS
    events-calendar-pro = 875bd328a5f4b2e6737d854dabdba34eb9039d36
    WORDPRESS VERSION
    PHP VERSION
    PLUGINS
    The Events Calendar PRO version 4.1.3 by Modern Tribe, Inc.(http://m.tri.be/20)
    The Events Calendar version 4.1.4 by Modern Tribe, Inc.(http://m.tri.be/1x)
    NETWORK PLUGINS

MU PLUGINS
    SSO version 0.1 by Garth Mortensen, Mike Hansen
    THEME
    Book Store
    MULTISITE

SETTINGS
    schema-version = 4.1.4
    recurring_events_are_hidden = exposed
    previous_ecp_versions = Array
    (
    [0] => 0
    )
    latest_ecp_version = 4.1.4
    disable_metabox_custom_fields = hide
    pro-schema-version = 4.1.3
    last-update-message = 4.1.4
    earliest_date = 2016-06-06 08:00:00
    earliest_date_markers = Array
    (
    [0] => 12239
    )
    latest_date = 2016-07-19 17:00:00
    latest_date_markers = Array
    (
    [0] => 12256
    )
    stylesheetOption = tribe
    tribeEventsTemplate =
    tribeEnableViews = Array
    (
    [0] => photo
    )
    viewOption = photo
    tribeDisableTribeBar = 1
    hideLocationSearch = 1
    hideRelatedEvents = 1
    week_view_hide_weekends = 1
    monthEventAmount = 3
    enable_month_view_cache =
    dateWithYearFormat = F j, Y
    dateWithoutYearFormat = F j
    monthAndYearFormat = F Y
    weekDayFormat = D jS
    dateTimeSeparator = @
    timeRangeSeparator = –
    datepickerFormat = 0
    tribeEventsBeforeHTML =
    tribeEventsAfterHTML =
    donate-link =
    postsPerPage = 999
    liveFiltersUpdate =
    hideSubsequentRecurrencesDefault =
    userToggleSubsequentRecurrences =
    recurrenceMaxMonthsBefore = 24
    recurrenceMaxMonthsAfter = 24
    showComments =
    showEventsInMainLoop =
    eventsSlug = events
    singleEventSlug = events
    multiDayCutoff = 00:00
    defaultCurrencySymbol = $
    reverseCurrencyPosition =
    embedGoogleMaps = 1
    geoloc_default_geofence = 25
    geoloc_default_unit = kms
    embedGoogleMapsZoom = 10
    debugEvents =
    tribe_events_timezone_mode = event
    tribe_events_timezones_show_zone =
    WORDPRESS TIMEZONE
    America/Toronto
    SERVER TIMEZONE
    UTC
    COMMON LIBRARY DIR
    /Users/kevin/Dropbox/Brick Books/_site/_new/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe
    COMMON LIBRARY VERSION

Jacob
    Participant

I just did a fresh install of WordPress. I was able to update the display settings once, but then after that, it no longer accepts updates. It refreshes after I click save, but the settings do not save to the database.

Hunter

To: Kevin and Jacob,

Would you both mind opening a new topic about the issue you’re experiencing? I assure you it will help expedite a resolution much quicker for the both of you 🙂

Thank you for understanding and I’ll keep my eye on the queue. Have a great day and thanks for choosing PRO!

tobak
    Participant

This reply is private.

tobak
    Participant

The issue seems connected mostly to the page in the screenshot in my first post, specifically the part where you select how events are displayed and the default display setting. These never update on the settings page when I change them, even though I can check my site afterwards and the setting seem to be applied.

I have made some changes to how events are displayed, but this is all done with CSS. That couldn’t possibly cause issues like this right?

Geoff

Hey folks, Josh is out today but I wanted to follow up in his place.

We’ve been seeing multiple reports of this issue and have opened a ticket for us to patch it up in a future release. I don’t have the exact date in hand, but we are in the process of working on version 4.2 and will likely be able to fit this in the very next release, if all goes according to plan.

In the meantime, we will follow-up with you directly here when we know more.

Thanks so much for helping us pinpoint the issue and we look forward to getting a fix for you as soon as possible!

Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff

Hey folks,

Just want to drop a quick note in here to let you know that The Events Calendar 4.2.1 is about to release any moment and it will include a patch for this issue. Please update and let us know if you continue to hit any trouble.

Thanks so much for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘ECP settings page not updating’ is closed to new replies.