ECP and multisites: moving calendar from standard site to multisite subsite

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ECP and multisites: moving calendar from standard site to multisite subsite

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pickleshy
    Participant

Hi! I’m currently running The Events Calendar, ECP and Community Events on my standard WordPress site (livemusicproject.org). The site and calendar are focused on a single city (Seattle). It’s time to expand the site to cover other cities, and I am transitioning my site into a multisite network, where each city will be represented by an independent subsite (eg, livemusicproject.org/seattle).

What is the best way to move the existing Seattle calendar content to the new /seattle subsite?

Barry

That’s a great question.

Right now the only native capability of interest here is CSV import which of course doesn’t help with exporting data (and doesn’t actually cover the import of all event data).

Would it be possible for you to try and use WordPress’s own XML-based import/export tools? A dry run on a test multisite install would help to establish if there are any wrinkles, though hopefully it will go smoothly.

Let us know!

pickleshy
    Participant

Thanks — so far, that’s the best I’ve come up with as well. For others who are curious about this, it’s critical to be exporting/importing from/to sites that are using the same version of the plugins, otherwise wild and wacky things happen with recurring events (and normal events turning into recurring events).

pickleshy
    Participant

(I should say the native XML import/export tool is the only recourse. The CSV tool, as you say, does not export, nor does it cover all event data…)

Barry

Yep, there aren’t too many options right now. As ever we’re more than open to feature requests and you could up-vote/comment on this one if you felt it was suitable, or else create a new request.

Thanks again 🙂

pickleshy
    Participant

Done! Thanks.

Barry

Our pleasure 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘ECP and multisites: moving calendar from standard site to multisite subsite’ is closed to new replies.